This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe advice....

As some of you may have read in the 'wanted' section I am in the market for a new car . Idealy the R32 would be top of the list but it is simply over my budget, I dont like the ST, and currently have the CTR - and the VXR does seem good value for money although I have not driven one.

I was just wandering if any owners on here have previously owned a CTR and can give me any main differences or advice etc. Im not really interested in a debate about which is better/faster etc. as I feel most of these debates are simply down to individual preference. But any practical advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

my m8s got a ctr and likes the power delivery of the vxr , and having been out in a ctr there is only one winner .........VXR

GO FOR A TEST DRIVE AND YOU WILL BUY ONE

Comment

Best advice I could give is for you to try and get a test drive, everyones expectations and manner of driving is different. Every car has there + / - points some people like/hate - Ford/Vauxhall/Honda/Subaru ....... My mate had a Type-R which I thought was great btw.

Comment

Yes you have to get a test drive to tell if you like.............I LIKE!
        sigpic
        More than 34,900 viewings and counting
        Click Here to.................
        See My Wheels
        See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

I chopped in my 1 year old CTR for a VXR some 14 months ago.. different class. I could'nt cope any longer with screaming around everywhere at 5500 rpm plus just to get some real performance...and it was very tiresome on the motorway doing 80mph at 4000rpm.

There are plenty faster cars out there even when you're up to 280+ bhp with your VXR... but it still looks so sweet.

Have a look at http://www2.opel.de/opcracecamp/inde...ashdetection=1 I've decied that's exactly what mine's gonna look like!

Comment

Originally posted by R20 VXR
            There are plenty faster cars out there even when you're up to 280+ bhp with your VXR... but it still looks so sweet.
            But not many

Comment

I chopped in my 1 year old CTR for a VXR some 14 months ago.. different class. I could'nt cope any longer with screaming around everywhere at 5500 rpm plus just to get some real performance...and it was very tiresome on the motorway doing 80mph at 4000rpm.

Have a look at http://www2.opel.de/opcracecamp/inde...ashdetection=1 I've decied that's exactly what mine's gonna look like!
              Very nice but IMO the spoiler would look right out of place on a road car :?

Comment

Including the side nets and roll cage?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi

Including the side nets and roll cage?
                  No... I have no intention of doing the spoiler (OTT) or the interior... I use the car everyday for Christs sake! But getting it lowered, changing the wheels and securing a set of those OPC Race Camp graphics would be lush (I'm working on my german translation as we speak!).

....then getting it nicked!

Comment

Just having a laugh mate :wink: I do like the wheels, although I hate to think how much they'll cost
                    Graphics are kinda cool too, just remember to show us all your work in progress :wink:

Comment

that is one nice looking vxr , and no chrome on boot lid NICE

think i will have a word with body shop when it goes in for bumper sorting out and get mine colour coded :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X