This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New astra vxr 2009 not pictures

Just reading on the auto express that the new astra vxr will be 4 wheel drive and have 250 bhp sounds promising

can't wait........wounded what it's gonna look like?

Comment

Im afraid its 2011 for the next gen VXR but havent heard of 4x4 being included.

Good old Auto Express.............

Comment

yes, i would take what auto express say with a pinch of salt.

Comment

more like a lorry load of salt, you remember the stretch corsa with focus headlights and insignia interior... apparently thats the new Astra VXR Auto Express Edn
          #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
          #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

I have herd the next one will be 4x4 from many sorces
            Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
            Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

2011?? thats about the sort of time i will be changing cars

Is there a date for when the new astra is to released from vauxhall?
              sigpic
              TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

later next year for mk6 with i would assume deliveries starting in early 2010

Comment

Well I hope the turbo in the next Astra VXR is better quality than the current one!!

Oh and more than 250bhp would be better too!

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
                    2011?? thats about the sort of time i will be changing cars

Is there a date for when the new astra is to released from vauxhall?
                    Same here September 2011 I will be changing. mmmmm another VXR or will I be bored of it by then?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

was expecting something about 260 bhp plus...
                      but wasnt expecting 4x4... great
                      MB E63s AMG
                      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

If its a 4x4 wont it be heavier so it wont matter thats its only got 10 bhp more

Comment

does anyone have the official spec on next generation vxr ?

i heard 4x4 1.8T

not sure about bhp though

Comment

I'd be amazed considering the current state of GM's finances that they would invest that much money in a 4x4 version!

plus it would be heavier with much higher transmission losses so would need at least 300hp to put it on a par with the current VXR just seems unlikely to me. If anything I would expect a 300hp FWD version with a new chassis to lay the power down better something similar in nature to Fords RevoKnuckle.

Comment

I would be amazed if 4wd was true look at all the hype expecting the Focus RS having 4wd which didnt happen .

Will more likely have the same kind of magnetic dynamic suspension as seen in the new Caddillac CTSV
                              Last edited by Cerberus; 10 December 2008, 10:22 PM. Reason: OII likes armadillo's!!
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Working...
                              X