This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tinting

1) Is it worthwhile if you can only have the rear window and rear sides done?
    2) How much did it cost you?
    3) Are you pleased with or does it look a little sort of boy racerish silly like some cars do?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Originally posted by Jenga View Post
    1) Is it worthwhile if you can only have the rear window and rear sides done?
    2) How much did it cost you?
    3) Are you pleased with or does it look a little sort of boy racerish silly like some cars do?

I had 5 windows done, and i think it completes the look! It cost me £150 notes for the whole lot, and i think it looks great, dont look chav or boy racer as its a nice motor, if you had a 1992 corsa and had it done, thats a different story!

Comment

I want to get my 2.6 V6 vectra B done with limo at the back and light smoke up the front.Had it on my startec PT Cruiser and it looked the nuts.

Comment

i was considering getting mine done but im sure i read somewhere saying its against the law to have the fronts tinted
        sigpic
        TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

had mine done all 5 windows for £140 i have 50% which isn't imo too dark, have no issues seeing out at night !

Comment

Got to have mine done yet, but had all five done inside and out for £150 in my last astra. You can have all the windows done but each window can only be tinited so much due to a change in the law, however any good tinter will put the correct darkness on. Had mine done by www.tintr.co.uk

Comment

I have been quoted £150 as a special deal from Pentagon for all 5 windows but he would only do "Light Smoke" on the front side windows.

As I want the same tint all the way around would Light Smoke enhance the car and would it be noticeable above the normal standard tinted glass the car comes with, or would it have no real effect?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

or you can be brave and go 5% all round..aka limo

Comment

Let me know how you get on jenga. I may look at getting mine tinted in the new year
                  sigpic
                  TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post

You wont be able to see whos behind you (police) at night though m8

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                      You wont be able to see whos behind you (police) at night though m8
                      i leave all headlights for dead mate

but the rear's are compleatly legal

Comment

lol i mean u cant see if its police beind you ect lol

but i must say it looks smart as hell!

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post

Looks nice but all you need is to get stopped and required to take the tint off due to being illegal and then you have to fork out for new windows.

Comment

havin my black vxr done soon by a mate, havin a medium tint all round i think which will be illegal but i dont care lol, he told me £80 for the 5 windows which aint to bad. He has done a few cars for me in the past so i know he will do a good job

Comment

Originally posted by smileydawn View Post
                              havin my black vxr done soon by a mate, havin a medium tint all round i think which will be illegal but i dont care lol, he told me £80 for the 5 windows which aint to bad. He has done a few cars for me in the past so i know he will do a good job
                              you will care if you get an endorsement, i just think it's not worth the hassle anymore.

go light smoked if anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X