This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost levels ???

What boost levels are everyone running for different stages.?
    Im still waiting for the final stage 3 TMS map so i dont have a definite answer on it yet but im slightly worried about the levels of boost that are being applied to the standard turbo/engine etc.
    I know a few that have had turbo failures on high boost levels and i dont want to become another statistic :?

my last figure was running at 17psi (295.5 & 322.7 lb/ft) but as you know its back to the experts at SC for final testing after i have been driving it for the past week and it goes blo**dy well i must add, boredering on the psychotic/insane level

Comment

Guy up near me with a conversion on a gsi had boost of over 1.6 bar and his turbo went after 1 month on a 15000 mile car
      17psi is about 1.1 bar ish???

Comment

Re: Boost levels ???

Originally posted by m4rtc
        What boost levels are everyone running for different stages.?
        Im still waiting for the final stage 3 TMS map so i dont have a definite answer on it yet but im slightly worried about the levels of boost that are being applied to the standard turbo/engine etc.
        I know a few that have had turbo failures on high boost levels and i dont want to become another statistic :?
        Think standard boost is 1.2 bar (1bar=14.7psi, so 18psi) for the Astra VXR ?
        Not sure how you decide what a safe maximum is before expensive bits start dropping off!?
        Replaced the turbo on my Calibra while back, bill was scary...thankfully it was a warranty job before mods
        sigpic

Comment

i know when i had my car they turned the boost down as it was too high , got a new turbo on mine today as it was leaking but now feel's 10 times better than when i had it tuned must have been leaking for a while :?
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Least its fixed for free Worsy, any idea what it was at before the turbo went? Im paranoid about a blow up being way up here

Comment

not got a clue , but was told to change the oil for a thicker grade better for the turbo apparantely mate
              sigpic
              M.U.F.C.

Comment

I opted for the higher grade oil on my last service, for the sake of a couple of quid it would be pointless not doing it.

Comment

yeh i am gonna change mine next week probably
                  sigpic
                  M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                    yeh i am gonna change mine next week probably

"Probably"

Were VX ok doing your warranty work??

Comment

yeh as long as it aint raining no rain for 6 months then it dont stop :? yeh they where fine not 1 single question asked at all very pleased with the dealer
                      sigpic
                      M.U.F.C.

Comment

i know when i had my car they turned the boost down as it was too high , got a new turbo on mine today as it was leaking but now feel's 10 times better than when i had it tuned must have been leaking for a while :?
                        worsy mate jon turned my boost down as well, question if you have just had a new turbo fitter was that with a new wast gate accuator, as this is what is use to control the boost, if so you could be runing high boosts w would make some calls if i was you mate could end in tears.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                          worsy mate jon turned my boost down as well, question if you have just had a new turbo fitter was that with a new wast gate accuator, as this is what is use to control the boost, if so you could be runing high boosts w would make some calls if i was you mate could end in tears.

Good point Dave, VX wouldnt be too willing to do another one.
                          Do you know what boost your running now or what it was before.

Comment

yes it was over boosting to 26 psi the back down to 22psi that was just the removal of the old cooler now over boost 22 psi back to 18 psi hope this helps.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
                              yes it was over boosting to 26 psi the back down to 22psi that was just the removal of the old cooler now over boost 22 psi back to 18 psi hope this helps.
                              Thats sounds better, 26 must be close to "kerboom"

I think ill request to go on the side of caution with mine when i get the new map on.

Cheers Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X