X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers

Which are you using?

No idea what I've got on mine at the moment but I've got Aquapel on the screen and the wipers judder like crazy. I think the Aquapel might be wearing off so I'm going to buy another and reapply that. I'm also going to replace the wipers while I'm at it so any you think are better than others?

Originally posted by gooner View Post
    Which are you using?

No idea what I've got on mine at the moment but I've got Aquapel on the screen and the wipers judder like crazy. I think the Aquapel might be wearing off so I'm going to buy another and reapply that. I'm also going to replace the wipers while I'm at it so any you think are better than others?
    Ive just got the standard wipers which came with the VXR, got to replace mine soon aswell and am going to be getting mine from LMF.

Comment

are you getting the same ones again jay??
      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Bin looking at getting sum aquapel.... any good?
        Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
          are you getting the same ones again jay??
          Another question Rocky!

Yes i will be getting the same ones

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
          Bin looking at getting sum aquapel.... any good?
          Apparently very good.

Comment

I didnt think the aquapel was any good, when it rains it rains!!

Comment

Yes very good i got some coming ordered 6 so might sell a few but I used it and it is sooo clear and amazing Im using on my missus car next and my other zaffy
              Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
              Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

what about piaa silicone ones they are pretty good.......

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Valeo-X-TRM-wi...1%7C240%3A1318

any good
                  Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

ill just get them from vauxhall they have done 21 thousand miles so cant be bad
                    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Get that Aqaupel thing its relallly good

Comment

had aquapel on my last two motors. Awesome, if applied 100% correctly.

i had to redo my first application because i didnt thoroughly clean off the glass, so the blades bobbled over the screen when i put them on...

It's awesome, but can be a bit distracting when driving in the rain, no wipers on when the water just beads up and off the screen!!!
                        #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                        #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                          ill just get them from vauxhall they have done 21 thousand miles so cant be bad
                          Will be doing the same - mine come free as part of the service plan as well

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                            Will be doing the same - mine come free as part of the service plan as well
                            24k on mine so far and still doing fine, at about 12k I was thinking about getting new ones on the service plan but applied rain-x and since then they seem perfect when occasionally now used
                            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Interesting post i found on a site called autoblog...:

Autoblog reader Josh Wardell, who loves his MINI Cooper very much thank you, has posted an interesting comparison test between the well known windshield treatment called Rain-X and a lesser known competitor named PPG Aquapel that's usually used by service professionals rather than vehicle owners. We hadn't heard much about PPG Aquapel so we were interested to learn which product Wardell found to more effectively whisked away rainwater over a period of time.

The results from Wardell's unofficial comparison test were surprising. After having applied both products to separate sides of his MINI's windshield, Wardell waited for rain and then taped the results at various stages, all the way from day one to day 72. What we learn from Wardell's accompanying video is that both windshield treatements need speeds above 40 mph to whisk rain away effectively, but that the windshield wipers dramatically reduce the effectiveness of Rain-X over time, whereas the PPG Aquapel side was still effective after 60 days.
                              Used to own: Arden Blue Astra VXR.

Now own: Silver Corsa VXR.

Comment

Working...
                              X