X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Light

Am I seeing things???

On the way home tonight as I glanced at the dash dials I'm 99.9% sure I saw the amber ABS light go out and possibly one or maybe two other lights on the rev counter go out at the same time. It was so quick that I didn't see them on just saw something that was lit go off if that makes sense!

The car is running fine, the ABS wasn't active (no clunking or banging through the pedal), and at the time I was just rolling very slowly in some queing traffic but was possibly breaking very lightly. Any ideas? Do you think with the wet greasy roads and white lines the car might have thought it needed to interrupt? No lights came on during the rest of the journey and I don't think it was the same as the needle sweep and dash lights when you fire up the car as there weren't enough lights lit.

The car is being booked in soon for the recall check so I'll definitely mention it and see if anything has been thrown up on Tech2. Just wondered if the ABS light coming on then off meant something. I've checked the brake fluid level and it all seems fine.

Thoughts appreciated.
    I'll just give it a quick wash!

I may be wrong but i'm sure that the light doesn't come on when the ABS triggers... This may be because my eyes are permanently fixed on where i'm headed when i'm on the brakes that hard!

Think the light is just there to flag up a problem tbh. When i first started reading the thread i immiadeatly thought of the dash light/dial sweep issue.
    sigpic

Comment

Did you manage to catch the colour of the other light you said you saw on the rev counter.

Comment

When I had an ABS light come on, on another car it was 1 of the sensors that had gone wrong. If it is under warrenty get it in and get it fixed., It meant that the brakes still worked but ABS didn't work. (it is also an MOT failure to have that light on.)
        sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

I'm definitely going to ask for it to be looked at when it goes in, the light hasn't been on since and when I got home I switched the engine off then restarted and there were a lot more lights present than what I saw on the way home tonight, even the pattern that they went off in was different as no single light seemed to stand out on it's own.

I'm not sure on the colour of the lights on the rev counter, I'd say amber but it wasn't the TC light as that is to high up, I'd say they were more around the 9 or 10 o'clock area on the rev counter. I've looked in the manual at what all the lights mean and I'm none the wiser
          I'll just give it a quick wash!

Comment

I could be totally off track, but I've seen 'similar'...

Theres one spot on my way home where an orange flash on the dash kept catching my eye... as I looked down it had gone and I didn't really get to see what or where it had come from.

So after a bit of experimenting on my way home I realised it was an obscure orange streetlight coming in the windows, and reflecting of the silver center of the dials. It wasn't a warning light at all.

I could be totally off track - but thought I'd mention the possibility just in case :-)

Comment

Originally posted by pernod View Post
              I could be totally off track, but I've seen 'similar'...

Theres one spot on my way home where an orange flash on the dash kept catching my eye... as I looked down it had gone and I didn't really get to see what or where it had come from.

So after a bit of experimenting on my way home I realised it was an obscure orange streetlight coming in the windows, and reflecting of the silver center of the dials. It wasn't a warning light at all.

I could be totally off track - but thought I'd mention the possibility just in case :-)
              I've noticed this too... Makes you panic at first doesn't it?
              sigpic

Comment

every night on my way home I hav e a brief moment of panic... followed by a moment of 'when will I learn???'

Comment

The orange light that flashes on sometimes could be the traction control light as i have had that a few times.

Comment

Working...
                  X