This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Bolster

Had my drivers seat bolster replaced today as the leather was wearing. I had this done just before the first years warrenty ran out as its not covered during year 2 & 3. Its a bit duff that its worn so quick and i've only done 7k miles in the first year. It must be made from sub standard cows!

Originally posted by Blakey View Post
    Had my drivers seat bolster replaced today as the leather was wearing. I had this done just before the first years warrenty ran out as its not covered during year 2 & 3. Its a bit duff that its worn so quick and i've only done 7k miles in the first year. It must be made from sub standard cows!

Think Vaux should have put one of those troughs that Pole Vaulters use in the door sill so we can get in and out without damaging the seats. Mine are starting to look a bit tatty after 6,600 miles... Keep meaning to get some leather feed.
    sigpic

Comment

i had myn done was a poor job by vaux....just cheap leather
      WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
        Think Vaux should have put one of those troughs that Pole Vaulters use in the door sill so we can get in and out without damaging the seats. Mine are starting to look a bit tatty after 6,600 miles... Keep meaning to get some leather feed.
        Maybe I sould go on a diet. Mind u the stealers did tell me to climb in carefully from now on - what ever that means??? U just want to jump in your wagon and go, not pussy foot around worrying about wearing out the trim!

Comment

Pay for what you get im afraid. Thats why A3 audi's and series 1 bmw's are a more expensive car. Better quality products.

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
            Yeah... Its definately not the quality that you get in exec cars.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
              I thought that the job done on mine was reasonable.

Comment

you should allways climb into your seat as if its a bucket seat, i allways hold onto the front pillar as i get in/out
                Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Maybe I sould go on a diet. Mind u the stealers did tell me to climb in carefully from now on - what ever that means??? U just want to jump in your wagon and go, not pussy foot around worrying about wearing out the trim!

That's Vaux for you... Don't test stuff fully before production. I bet they end up spending loads more on warranty work than if they just did it properly in the first place.

On a different note... I was wracking my brains, trying to think of who my Nan's next-door-neighbour looks like. Its the bloke in your Avatar!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
                    That's Vaux for you... Don't test stuff fully before production. I bet they end up spending loads more on warranty work than if they just did it properly in the first place.

On a different note... I was wracking my brains, trying to think of who my Nan's next-door-neighbour looks like. Its the bloke in your Avatar!
                    Blimey - Blakey retired to Derby!

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                      you should allways climb into your seat as if its a bucket seat, i allways hold onto the front pillar as i get in/out
                      I have a bit of trouble climbing in as i'm 6 foot 4. Usually have to fold myself up to get in!

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie076 View Post
                        I have a bit of trouble getting into mine as i'm 6 foot 4. I usually have to fold myself up to clamber in!

Comment

The side bolsters aren't leather. Only seat facings (on the optional leather seats) are leather, and **** quality leather at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulse View Post
                            The side bolsters aren't leather. Only seat facings (on the optional leather seats) are leather, and **** quality leather at that.
                            not sure i am reading this right dude,
                            on the full leather seats only the seat facings are leather?
                            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

I have a bit of trouble getting into mine as i'm 6 foot 4. I usually have to fold myself up to clamber in!

hahaha.I certainly dont have that trouble.I have ducks disease.a low slung bum.lol

Comment

Working...
                              X