This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage 2 and brakes??

are many people running stage 2's on the standard brakes? are they up to the task or do you have "scary" moments? they felt very posotive when i test drove the car.

i know people who have the alcons or ap's will say they are great, which im sure thay are, but are they needed for the stage two, i just dont want and scary moments when the brakes arent up to the job if i get the stage two,

if so i dont really want to have to pay 1600 for a brake upgrade as a result of having the stage two, as i dont want to spend 3400 in total on a car i may only be keeping for a year . if they brakes are needed i think i will just get the full milltek system and be happy with the sound and still what is basically a strong runner,

any advice is much appreciated

im on stage 3 and standard brakes and i find them fine

Comment

standard brakes with uprated pads should be fine even with s3 but if money is good then course aps are the jobs
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

stage 3 have been for 3 month's and standard brakes and no scary moments they are fine mate
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I have to say im pretty impressed with the standard brakes, obviously upgrading will improve them but I can go for a 30 mile really hard run up to my parents on very twisty b roads and never feel any brake fade.
          Cant say the same for my old scoob :wink:

Comment

i agree mart they are fine would be good to have the better one's but for the time being i trust em
            sigpic
            M.U.F.C.

Comment

i added brake ducts at £17.50... i find they really helped

Comment

i drive fast so they cool down naturally
                sigpic
                M.U.F.C.

Comment

the only problem i find is they increase the brake dust collection quicker

Comment

i have the brake ducks and a set EBC RED STUFF pads thay are ok. would still love the aps though.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Well I just have a stage 1 and I've had a few scary moments where they didn't "bite" as much as I thought they were going too! Admittedly though I shouldn't accelerate so hard up slip roads when coming off the motorway - hey, the lorries slow me up + I LOVE the power!! As has been said though, the standard brakes are very good. I have just over 25k on my car now so maybe that is why the "bite" has gone! (I'll start another thread on that actually!)

I personally do want to get the brakes but that is just because of the way I tend to drive and also the fact I've see how they perform (on track at least). Incredible stopping power!

Comment

Well I've got the AP's and brake ducts and they're fabby

Comment

ive had the AP's since they were released but ran with stage 2 with with the standard set up for some time, yeah a few scary moments of brake fade from heavy use and overshot a roundabout or 2 but they still did the job just no where as well as the AP's, what i didnt like about the standard was the spongy feel and lack of feed back through the peddle as per the 4 pots, worth saving for an upgrade but for the time being the standard will still do the job to a point.

sold the standard for £50 to a GSi owner and he loves them

Comment

Working...
                          X