This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recall!?!?!

Hving read a V recent thread, there was mention of a recall? Any info on this would be ace as my dealer is S***! An so expect they haven't bothered to inform me! my VXR is on a 06 if that makes any odd's?

Originally posted by Cass View Post
    Hving read a V recent thread, there was mention of a recall? Any info on this would be ace as my dealer is S***! An so expect they haven't bothered to inform me! my VXR is on a 06 if that makes any odd's?
    Yours is not affected mate, mine is an 08 and has been recalled but I cant be arsed putting it in!
    Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

recall

hey yeah there is a recall out for the astra vxrs to do with the exhaust manifold studs coming loose but not sure weather 06 models were included in it but worth a check though.

Comment

Ok thanks, just have to say Never use Hartwell's Norwich on Hall road! What a bunch of w*****s!

Comment

i think it was just mid 07's onwards buddy, due to the change in stud manufacturer.

Comment

do a check on the VOSA website for more info.

Comment

Originally posted by steve271 View Post
              Yours is not affected mate, mine is an 08 and has been recalled but I cant be arsed putting it in!
              Not that there are any decent VX garages in Glasgow to put it into , I dont trust any of them !!

Will be taking mine to the nearest thorney approved centre to get it done
              sigpic
              Originally posted by soosie
              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
              Originally posted by soosie
              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

i take it when you say recall...the garages actually contact u to call it in?

Comment

Originally posted by Cass View Post
                  Ok thanks, just have to say Never use Hartwell's Norwich on Hall road! What a bunch of w*****s!
                  lol, thats where I bought my VXR from, and I didn't think much of them either. I only got it from there as I bought the car through a discount car internet site and it was the cheapest I could get the car for. Salesman didn't seem to know anything about the car.

I travelled for over 4 hours to get all the way down there from Durham and once I was there I didn't even get offered a cuppa coffee. The only thing the salesman was keen to show me was the customer satisfaction letter that he said I would recieve through the post. He showed me where to tick all the boxes to say he's done a great job, was pleased with the service etc. and said he gets £40 bonus if I return the letter with all top marks. Goes without saying I ripped the letter up as soon as it landed on my doormat

* RANT OVER *

Comment

Originally posted by Tgod View Post
                    i take it when you say recall...the garages actually contact u to call it in?
                    Vauxhall HQ marketing (or somthing like that) department actually contact you with a letter then its up to you to take your car to arrange to get the work done with a local dealer. I had the letter but thankfully didnt need the work.

Comment

a quick check on the VOSA website with your chassis number will tell you whether your car has been recalled,or not.

Comment

Originally posted by tjay View Post
                        a quick check on the VOSA website with your chassis number will tell you whether your car has been recalled,or not.
                        This particular recall (manifold bolts) doesnt seem to be on thier website yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X