This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm

Well after having my side skirts and carbon mirror covers nicked i have decided to upgrade the alarm as it did not even go off . what i need is one that has proximity sensors . anyone got one or reccomend any ?

Get a Clifford.. should be around the £500-£600 mark.

Comment

Do not touch Clifford! I know how **** they are and would only advise that you get a Toad Ai606, with proximity sensors. Clifford's after market service is **** if you get a problem with it and believe me you will.

Over the past 5-6 years I have had 5 mates buy Cliffords (after me saying don't) and they have all ****** up and they have had different models between them, btw they now have Toad's, which puts a smile on my face knowing how right I have been!!!!

I owned a Toad Ai606 for 6 years and never had 1 problem.

I hope this helps you.

Mark
      sigpic

Comment

i know 4 people with Cliffords
        3 are happy
        1 ist as it keeps going off when its windy
        Clifford doesnt work as its a canbus system I tried already as I feel like you

I was going to go for this all singing and dancing one

This package comes with Remote Engine Start for both Manual & Automatic Transmissions, BlackJax Anti-HiJacking as standard and also includes Tilt and Motion Sensor, Glass Break Sensor, Dual Zone Proximity Sensor, remote controlled central locking or total closure (dependant on the vehicle), door boot and bonnet protection, 2 circuit passive engine immobilisation, Two 5 button remote controls with Clifford's ACG2 anti scan technology and 120dB multi tone battery back-up siren.

But then I thought remote start wont work and all but still I called up and the alarm wont work as its not canbus
        so clifford is a no no
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

and I herd......... I dont know if its true But I herd... if you get a clifford alarm set up all fine and everything and someone nicks the car I herd... they will replace it

Dont quete me on it but thats what I herd
          Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
          Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

well i was just talking to someone who has a burg and they have a clifford alarm.said its ok. but i have seen people on here before saying that clifford alarms will not work with the vxr that is why i asked what people think is worth getting.

Comment

I was unaware that clifford wasn't compatible with the VXR. I've also had a few toads fitted to previous cars and they work great aswell, never had any issues.

Mark,

Do you think your local clifford installer is doing something wrong? i've had no issues with any of my cliffords, nor have any of my mates.

Comment

a friend of mine wants to install a clifford on my bus and will program the alarm so that when i press the button on my key fob .. it will start my car !! .. and it wont start if its been left in gear (like an auto) .. i know its an old toy to start ur car up .. but that was via a fob .. not the key .. might have to .. still gets nice looks from other people !!

ive had a clifford on all my cars since i was a teen .. and have never had a problem with any of them !!

think its a case of good egg bad egg !!
                sigpic
                www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

I think it's more the installer than the alarm
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dave.tam View Post
                    I think it's more the installer than the alarm
                    so does anyone know a good alarm installer in bedfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by rapala View Post
                      so does anyone know a good alarm installer in bedfordshire
                      Sorry, a bit too far for my local auto electrician.
                      sigpic

Comment

my mate had a remote start one and didn't tell anyone one so we were walkin to his car and he said watch this and started it but left it in reverse and it went straight through the fench we all ****** are selfs laughin!! sorry just had to tell u lot that one still laughin while writin this!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by moore View Post
                          my mate had a remote start one and didn't tell anyone one so we were walkin to his car and he said watch this and started it but left it in reverse and it went straight through the fench we all ****** are selfs laughin!! sorry just had to tell u lot that one still laughin while writin this!!!!
                          I did that once, but it was in first Lucky I had a good handbrake
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MagicDust View Post
                            I was unaware that clifford wasn't compatible with the VXR. I've also had a few toads fitted to previous cars and they work great aswell, never had any issues.

Mark,

Do you think your local clifford installer is doing something wrong? i've had no issues with any of my cliffords, nor have any of my mates.
                            It wasn't the same installer! I am just passing on my experience or known experiences with Cliffords.
                            sigpic

Comment

where abouts are you in beds.
                              I use to work for Cobra Vehicle Security so know loads of alarm installers and I also live in Beds.
                              Autotronix in Bedford itself, London road,Bedford.
                              Are good Installers, They also do Clifford, then there are loads of Mobile guys.
                              Clifford distribution has recently chnaged hands and is now sold by Armour Automotive, check there website I suppose for an approved installer.
                              Clifford also now Produce a canbus module so i amsure they will be able to install on an Astra or Zafira.

Comment

Working...
                              X