This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel

as some of you may have read im looking into buying an astra vxr in the next couple of months.
    how are they on fuel?normal/average driving..im not a fast driver atall.what sort of miles do you get for your money?
    and is there any famous problems i should be keeping my eyes peeled for?
    thanks in advance guys.

i get normal driving around 350+ miles per tank
    driving real sensible i can get 420+
    driving like i stole it (on the nurburgring) i get 120km per tank

Comment

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post

you fried my brain there hutch.. miles, miles then kilometres lol....

Comment

average around 300 - 350 miles per tank
        the best ive had is 360 miles
        driving with a purpose and im around 200 - 250 miles

Comment

for me driving hard and sensibly average about 29-31 mpg which im happy with

Comment

fast replys guys...so 300-350 miles to a tank...how much approxis it to fill the tank on one?

Comment

well depends what fuel you use
              shell v power for me,round here its about 97.9 its about £47 to fill on empty now but when petrol was 118.9 was £55+

Comment

87.9p normal unleaded is about 40 quid for a tank
                92.9 t99

Comment

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
                  i wish i got that out of mine, driving sensibly the most i will get is 260-280 max, the best i ever had was 320! that was motorway driving tho.
                  milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

Comment

still on the subject of fuel but a slight change.... has any 1 noticed since the price dropped you dont seem to get as many miles??? its not just me ,heard a few people say they think they dont seem to be getting as many miles as before.

im averaging 24.1 mpg, driving normally with the odd little burst.

Comment

ive noticed that chris my average has gone down to 27 driving nicely, used to be 35!

Comment

i was at 28 and now at 19 - i have also changed from Vpower to T99 this time around so that could also be it.

Back to V Power for me - tesco can keep their fuel as far as i am concerned.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

thanks for all the replys...sounds like they are pretty good on fuel then?does it make a big difference if you use normal unleaded or super?

Comment

Originally posted by Y24RAB View Post
                            thanks for all the replys...sounds like they are pretty good on fuel then?does it make a big difference if you use normal unleaded or super?

When i first got the car i ran it on normal unleaded (shell) for a few months, but am now running on shell v power, cant really see much difference at all in mpg. but still prefer paying extra as its better for a turbo car.

I usually got about 300-350 miles a tank (30-34mpg) and thats normal driving with the odd blast here and there

Comment

Mine was well rough on normal unleaded. V-power for me. And i get about 220-240 miles a tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X