X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be close to the limit

Sorry for posting alot of things.. Just wanted to know
    At the moment Im running 296 Bhp I got 1.9cdti conversion and a Tophat conversion and a Oil res. coming which Should push it over the 300 mark.

I was looking on the site and see

Regal Inlet Camshaft

and their Uprated Springs.

Would this be Close for the Internals going Bang...

Or just uprate the Internals 1st

Injectors
    Rods
    Cams
    Pistons
    Springs

Anything else
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

all this cash your thowing about mate, you could have got yourself an s3, wrx sti or a evo lol thinking about it you can get hold of a couple years old RS4's for under 30k now.... good luck though pushing the limits etc

Comment

I dont want the internals to go bang thats why maybe uprate them all 1st

yes I could have got a MR FQ-400 for 20,000 and Astra vxr was 22,400 so got the astra instead...
      Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

you got brakes and a diff yet
        WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

got a Diff.. no breaks atm dont see why spend 1600 on a set

Comment

ermmm TO STOP
            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
              I dont want the internals to go bang thats why maybe uprate them all 1st

yes I could have got a MR FQ-400 for 20,000 and Astra vxr was 22,400 so got the astra instead...
              You paid £22k+ for the Astra - ouch

Astra

Comment

Because they will give your 22k car, the nice mod list in your sig and most importantly you a much better chance of not ploughing into something if you hit ice, aquaplane, wet leaves, mud or anything else unexpected while your sticking to the legal speed limits....
                Check the brake specs of standard 300bhp production performance cars...
                Last edited by Insignia VXR; 13 December 2008, 01:31 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

eh, probably will help with that wee problem you had before.......stoping when doing 160

As for the mods.

With your stage of tune, id be highly surprised if you bolted the new bits on and got over 300bhp. At the very least you should be considering a map adjustment. If you want to make your car properly quick id be looking at RARB's, brakes etc before going any futher with engine mods. A decent set of brakes is worth a good 10-20bhp imo (perhaps more)

Standard internals dont like moe than 320bhp (not sure on torque but id say 350/360max)

As i said before, invest that cash in advanced driving lessons and track day experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by andy_gdon View Post
                    eh, probably will help with that wee problem you had before.......stoping when doing 160

As for the mods.

With your stage of tune, id be highly surprised if you bolted the new bits on and got over 300bhp. At the very least you should be considering a map adjustment. If you want to make your car properly quick id be looking at RARB's, brakes etc before going any futher with engine mods. A decent set of brakes is worth a good 10-20bhp imo (perhaps more)

Standard internals dont like moe than 320bhp (not sure on torque but id say 350/360max)

As i said before, invest that cash in advanced driving lessons and track day experiences.
                    Seriously good advice this

Comment

seriously mate, get your priorities straight!

You have basically 300bhp, and your looking for more power??? Yet you havent even uprated the brakes?

What is it gonna take for you to listen to people about stopping power?? Brakes not working at 160mph, oh no wait thats already happened hasnt it!
                      Whats next?!?!?

Comment

i agree with the other coments some 4pots should be top of list especialy if your stage 3 i find the brakes arnt too good any way and im still at 237bhp

Comment

£1600 for brakes is expensive yes...but your car is worth 22k with im guessing 3k spent on it

im sure you dont wanna smash up 25k for the sake or 1600 mate

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                            seriously mate, get your priorities straight!

You have basically 300bhp, and your looking for more power??? Yet you havent even uprated the brakes?

What is it gonna take for you to listen to people about stopping power?? Brakes not working at 160mph, oh no wait thats already happened hasnt it!

What he said.

Comment

Oh Dear

All the Gear...No Idea

I actually agree with one of Ady_Gdons posts for once made in one of your previous threads..........

Originally posted by andy_gdon
                              19yrs old + first performance car = F A I L

I feel the need to use my favourite saying here...

"Over committed, and under talented"
                              Last edited by Dazturbo6502; 13 December 2008, 09:11 PM.
                              sigpic
                              My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Working...
                              X