X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • regalvxr
    Confused!
    • 20 September 2006

rear anti roll bars

like the look of these but for £350 seems very expensive, what do people think.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap
  • Aussie
    Banned
    • 11 January 2006

i have heard some good reports but then i have fitted KW coilovers so the rear is very firm and controlled so im not keen to make it any stiffer than it already is

Comment

• regalvxr
      Confused!
      • 20 September 2006

yeah sure they are great but 350 quid for a metal br that seems very steep keep an eye out for some second hand ones lol

Comment

• regalvxr
        Confused!
        • 20 September 2006

has the standard car not got an anti roll bar think i read somewhere it did , whats the difference

Comment

• dap
          VXR enough
          • 12 January 2006

RARB

The 888 rear Anti roll bar is very good helps sharpen the handling further, but it does not affect ride comfort as it works under torsion .

The VXR is not fitted with a rarb as the rearbeam is the bar too, the 888 bar is a suppliment to this to stiffen it

check vxrpc website for technical details

Comment

• regalvxr
            Confused!
            • 20 September 2006

anyone know of any going second hand, 350 seems so steep

Comment

• Pininfarina22
              VXRed
              • 25 September 2006

You may want to think about how the bar will affect the handling before you plum for it.

A rear anti-roll bar reduces body roll at the rear but it also increases the proportion of weight transfer reacted at the rear axle meaning more oversteer/less understeer (unless you add a front bar as well)

After my recent all three lanes motorway aquaplaning oversteer moment, the last thing i'd do is a put a rear bar on, unless your front tyres are absolutely toasted as well in which case it'll improve turn in.

Ignoring the fact that when you boot it you understeer (as you would in any powerful front driver) in steady state the VXR is pretty well balanced.

Comment

• regalvxr
                Confused!
                • 20 September 2006

so do you think they are not needed

Comment

• Pininfarina22
                  VXRed
                  • 25 September 2006

For road use i wouldn't bother, but then thats me

If you're going to a track with a) plenty of space to have an accident and b) plenty of time to mess about with your suspension settings then you might want to consider it (in conjunction with some front tweeks)

Comment

• andy16vturbo
                    Are you VXR enough?
                    • 22 November 2006

you are never gonna throw your car round a corner fast enough on a public road to justify having an uprated anti roll bar fitted.

if your gonna track day then yeah it would be ideal but only coupld with a proper suspension set up front an rear.

poli bushes and fancy roll bars are only really beneficail for real racing (track use)
                    stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...