This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NooB Re-map question

Hi all, just joined up after a month living with an Astra (Loving it!).

I'm looking at the remap as I've been told by a couple of owners it will help to smooth out the power delivery (true?).

But, I still have a few questions about the remap that I'm hoping you can help me answer...

First up - the NooB question. Is it a standard remap that is plug and play, or is it a custom remap in every case?

Next, the biggest annoyance with the new astra is the sport button. Does the remap fix the gimmicky (read pointless and annoying) shortening of the accelerator pedal that the standard setup/sport button does? As IMHO this is the most annoying idea ever for a sport set up.

Thanks for the help guys - looking forward to joining the *** ***** :-)

whoops, think I should clarify...

I'm talking about the Vauxhall Dealer supplied remap (don't want to void the warranty with an aftermarket remap).

Comment

Originally posted by pernod View Post

I'm talking about the Vauxhall Dealer supplied remap (don't want to void the warranty with an aftermarket remap).
      Do you mean via vxrpc?

Astra

Comment

you can't get a dealer supplied remap you can only get an aftermarket remap but don't worry because whichever tuner you use they have there own warrenty incase you get any issues hth
        for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Strange, I've had two local dealers both say that they do a 'standard remap'?

Is there not a 'standard' remap? That would explain why a search of the forums turned up nothing?

Am I missing something obvious here?

Comment

theres no such thing unless the dealers a tms performace centre or somthing
            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Now I'm really confused - Both the dealer in Reading and South Hampton said it was possible...

in fact, there the below advert even appears on the Picador website (who, by the way have been fantastic!!!)

Can anyone shed any light on this as I'm now pretty confused as a brand new owner :-)

Comment

get the wortec exhaust and you'll be happy!!

Comment

narh, happy with the standard exhaust for the moment. At least for winter while it has too much to even put down on a wet road... (roll on spring!!!)

"upgrade the performance of your vehicle with a single remap of your engines management software."
                  and "done in minutes"

Strongly suggests a 'standard' vxr remap??? Has no one come across this?

Comment

narh, happy with the standard exhaust for the moment. At least for winter while it has too much to even put down on a wet road... (roll on spring!!!)

"upgrade the performance of your vehicle with a single remap of your engines management software."
                    and "done in minutes"

well in that case I would wait till spring for your remap then... give you plenty of time to find out about all the different mapping options available too!! good luck

Comment

and "done in minutes"

well in that case I would wait till spring for your remap then... give you plenty of time to find out about all the different mapping options available too!! good luck

Comment

LOL - keen on the remap for the reasons listed up front.

Will see how stage one goes before looking at the switchable exhaust for phase two.

Comment

your right bud picadors offer it as a upgrade and will look after you in every warrenty issue , tis where i got my vxr from and they use the same remap as what vxrpc use, which is supplied to them via regal autosport but is not the same map that you would get if you went straight to regal ( its not quite as powerful ) this was how it stood at the begining of this year. but they maywell be using the IPF unit now

as for the silly sports button what you ll have is the standard/revised 240bhp map with sports off then around 270-275bhp when sports is engaged happy days
                          Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

LOL - keen on the remap for the reasons listed up front.

Will see how stage one goes before looking at the switchable exhaust for phase two.
                            Ahhh, where to start....

Firstly, no tuner is Vauxhall approved for modifications to vehicles.

Secondly, no remap is vauxhall approved.

Thirdly - There are a list of vauxhall approved products - anything outside of this 'WILL' affect OE warranty.

Comment

Next, the biggest annoyance with the new astra is the sport button. Does the remap fix the gimmicky (read pointless and annoying) shortening of the accelerator pedal that the standard setup/sport button does? As IMHO this is the most annoying idea ever for a sport set up.

I think you can ask the tuners to switch it off so that you have full power all the time, but i dont think you will get the same mpg running full chat all the time.

I think its a good thing, been able to switch to and from full boost.
                              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                              X