This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Bluefin Stage 2 now fitted**

Well what can I say...... Bluefin is awesome!!

Purchased my Bluefin handset from TMS Milton Keynes on Monday, thought I'd make the most of their fantastic £440 offer for December.

Once I got home registered it to Superchips but it took over 2 days to receive the email back from them to say the remap is ready for download. Bit of a delay but the guys at Superchips were very helpful throughout.

Once onto the Bluefin handset I hooked it up to my Astra and OH MY GOD!!

Went for a little spin, had it on normal mode to start so that the engine and turbo had time to warm up and I must say it was alot smoother than before. The standard map is perfect for sensible driving around town etc.... But then it was time to press the Sports button!!

It turned into an animal!! Only had the stage 1 software at this time but i could not believe the power it was creating. My previous car (astra mk4 sri turbo) was running 290bhp but this felt so much quicker and also so much smoother!! Not had the best weather to see the full affects of the remap as it was wheel spinning in 3rd gear......... really need some dry weather

Got in touch with TMS yesterday to get the Stage 2 remap downloaded, after 30 minutes I had the stage 2 remap all hooked up and ready to go. Not driven the car since I put the stage 2 remap on, but I cant wait!!

Massive thanks has to go out to TMS Milton Keynes for all their help and also the guys at Superchips.

Bring on the sunshine so I can enjoy my Stage 2

sounds good buddy
    Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Very nice . But why are you still online...!!??

You should be out trying Stage 2 and telling us all about it
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

I am booked in for Monday 22 Dec at Thorneys for my remap. Cannot wait. I was thinking of getting the Bluefin as well, but not 100% decided as yet. Man I cannot wait!

Comment

Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
          Very nice . But why are you still online...!!??

You should be out trying Stage 2 and telling us all about it
          You seen the rain down South???

Rain rain go away come back another day!!!

Looks like a dry day tomorrow so we let you know guys

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post

Yup, saw it last night

Should be nice with you tomorrow mate
            sigpic
            Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

I have had stage 2 on about 2 weeks ago...... ****ing love it... stage 3 coming soon hopefully
              Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Daleyboy View Post

Its been bloody terrible today, really miserable

Will look out for you tomorrow mate, I should be driving around (will look out for a arden blue flash going past hehe)

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                  Its been bloody terrible today, really miserable

Will look out for you tomorrow mate, I should be driving around (will look out for a arden blue flash going past hehe)
                  lol I'll keep an eye out for you in my rear view mirror mate

Comment

Originally posted by BasilD View Post
                    I am booked in for Monday 22 Dec at Thorneys for my remap. Cannot wait. I was thinking of getting the Bluefin as well, but not 100% decided as yet. Man I cannot wait!
                    You will not be disappointed Basil - the ride home from TMS is fantastic - like driving a new car and then some! Think I'll have to drive in front of you and keep to lane 1 all the way back just to help keep your right foot away from the accelerator pedal!

Comment

Originally posted by napster View Post
                      You will not be disappointed Basil - the ride home from TMS is fantastic - like driving a new car and then some! Think I'll have to drive in front of you and keep to lane 1 all the way back just to help keep your right foot away from the accelerator pedal!
                      I think you will, cause knowing me it will be pedal to the metal. Plus need to keep my licenese clean. Man not long now though. Really looking forward to this.

Comment

I would get a Blue fin if i could get a custom map on it and keep that map
                        the truth is out there
                        part GSI part VXR
                        tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

It turned into an animal!! Only had the stage 1 software at this time but i could not believe the power it was creating. My previous car (astra mk4 sri turbo) was running 290bhp but this felt so much quicker and also so much smoother!!
                          Interesting that it feels so much quicker than your old, lighter, more powerfull car? Maybe the power delivery though I suppose..
                          Not driven the car since I put the stage 2 remap on, but I cant wait!!
                          You my friend must have some serious will power...

Enjoy though mate, can't beat a good map..

Comment

The MK4 was quick but the VXR is stronger.... much much stronger!!

Had a little race with the guy who bought my sri turbo and he had no chance! He matched me through 1st and 2nd but from then on the VXR powered away! Suppose thats the big advantage of having the zleh engine over the zlet engine.

Had a 20 mile journey today and guess how many times I used the Sport Button...................... ONCE

Comment

We've just converted Jonathans car, previously he had a stage 4 Astra G and now has a stage 3 VXR (some of the bits swapped over), wondering what he thinks of his now?

Comment

Working...
                              X