This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cs3 with new discs and pads

Asking anyone with s3 mainly, do you think that courts grooved discs and red stuff pads would be ok with s2 and above for the front, or do the back also have to be done or will they be ok kept as standard. As APs are too expensive in my eyes
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Standard breaks RULE wahoooooooo!

Get some uprated pagid pads and you'll be fine.
    sigpic

Comment

lol mate. what about just upgrade standard front discs and all pads, pagid how much are they

Comment

around £150 me thhinks
        sigpic

Comment

thats bit pricey aint it what bout red stuff pads

Comment

anyone know if courts grooved discs are ventilated like standard ones

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
              anyone know if courts grooved discs are ventilated like standard ones
              If you want s3 you will absolutely need APs to be safe.
              sigpic

Comment

really ? i know they are ideal but few people with s3 said they are fine and even better with new pads

Comment

I had AP on my M5, they were better but I cannot justify the £2500 price tag, also at £500.00 for discs and £250.00 for pads a time I think you would be broke in no time.

Comment

yeah exactly cause it will be an on going cost at every service

Comment

the AP's for the astra are about £1350 or £1600 fully fitted for the astra,
                      brake pads are around the £100 mark so it little bit cheaper than what you had fitted to your M5

didnt cost me anything at my last service

Comment

ARE THE AP DISC REPLACEMENTS REALLY 500 QUID AND PADS 250 ? IF SO THATS RIDICULOUS

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                          really ? i know they are ideal but few people with s3 said they are fine and even better with new pads
                          Fair play, just that I wouldn't want to drive an S3 car without 4-pot equivalent stopping power.
                          sigpic

Comment

it depends how hard you drive the stage 3 and what speeds you doing. I'm on standard as 99% of the time my driving doesnt require any additional help in stopping.

If however I was driving hard/on the limit or was gonna track her more often I would deff upgrade.

It depends on driving style and useage of the car really.

Comment

anyone got any pics of courts grooved discs fitted to their cars

Comment

Working...
                              X