This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• had a blast last night- twitch rear

drove down to seaton last night it was a bit wet and pretty cold, the roads were very windy some sharpish bends too. I noticed my confidence seemed to lack quite considerably i was line on the straights but i found the back of the car had a mind of its own it felt very twitchy and i kept feeling like the back end was coming out from underneath me or was gonna slide out. Does anyone else have these thoughts, i have lowered the car on dap race springs but im thinking either it needs a rarb or it was just too wet for the speeds i was doin. I wasnt going all out mad but wasnt slow if you know what i mean. any thoughts welcome
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

dont drive fast in the rain
    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

wasnt raining mate just bit damp on the ground thats all but not even really wet.

Comment

not sure mate, how fast is fast? i mean i drive to the conditions so its hard to say unless i was there

do you mean seaton in near hornsea?
        Last edited by Rob1981; 14 December 2008, 03:37 PM.
        http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Just don't drive it quickly when the road is anythng other than dry imo. Fine with a few little blasts in a straight line. I took mine out round town last night about half ten before I went out drinking and I had no confidence in it all on the greasy, shiny roads. Wouldn't put any power down and felt very skittish when not even slightly pushing through bends.

Comment

ah so just not a car for the wet thats what evos are for? im fine in the dry must admit.

Comment

^^^ hey buddy, are you from yorkshire?

Comment

It sounds like you were exceeding the limits of either your car or your driving skills or possibly both but I wouldn't have kept on exploring the limits though?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                  ah so just not a car for the wet thats what evos are for? im fine in the dry must admit.
                  depends really.....I have kept up with my Bro-in-law in really really wet conditions......And he drives a prodrived Spec-d scoob.....in the dry or on greasy roads...the Astra just cant generate as much grip as evo's or Scoobs....LSD would help...it all comes down to.... can you drive the car or does the car drive you???
                  sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                  Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                  Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

All I can say is roll on spring... the roads at the moment are shocking.

With the car still being new I haven't pushed it till I get to know it better - but I must admit it does seem to have a lot more grip available than it initially feels like it does.

Comment

The astra must be really poor on the handling front compared to the corsa.

Comment

tbh it hasnt bothered me, but then again i have been driving for 10 years so i guess you get used to bad weather, theres no point driving fast on wet roads, just asking for trouble

Comment

the car just didnt feel planted ive checked my tyres 35 all round, its fine in the dry in fact awesome but in the amp its not soo confidence inspiring

Comment

tbh i dont rate the conti's in the wet, when they are done i will be trying some goodyears

Comment

i have dunlops

Comment

Working...
                              X