X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi guys.

I was pndering with the idea of getting an astra a couple of months ago but things happened and then i had to put it off, anyway, i'm in a position to get one now. Yay!

Right, i've found one i like the look of, it's an 06 with 30k on the clock.
    It's not from a Vauxhall dealer, it's from a garage that provides sports, exotic and executive cars. They want a bit over 10k for it.

Basically what i'm askin is, would/has anyone ever bought a car from this sort of place before? Also, what do i need to check before i buy the car?

Thankyou

Originally posted by Hugh_es View Post
    Hi guys.

I was pndering with the idea of getting an astra a couple of months ago but things happened and then i had to put it off, anyway, i'm in a position to get one now. Yay!

It's not from a Vauxhall dealer, it's from a garage that provides sports, exotic and executive cars. They want a bit over 10k for it.

Basically what i'm askin is, would/has anyone ever bought a car from this sort of place before? Also, what do i need to check before i buy the car?

Thankyou
    I am not an expert on these things by any means but an HPI check is important.

VXRs by their nature are driven hard. May be worth getting it checked independently by AA or something like that first. Although having said this they are usually well looked after as well.

Price would seem ok mileage is above average.

Any extras included?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Thanks.

It's got 19in wheels, full black leather heatd seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh_es View Post
        Hi guys.

Thankyou

I would say in todays marketplace, unfortunately you could do better for your money, however this all depends on your budget in the 1st place !

In general I suppose it doesnt matter if its not a VXL dealer, as long as you treat it like a normal car purchase ie. You check the car over and over again, possibly pay for an AA check, drive the car on more than one occassion, HPI the car, check the V5 form against the car, ask for the details of the previous owner - contact them and ask why they sold.

.........but most importantly haggle if you want that particular car as its a buyers market at the moment - dont lose your advantage
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, cheers everyone.

Comment

hi matey, i run www.revitupuk.com and have alot of these come our way

first things you could do is

1. make sure it has full history
            2 find out where he had been takin car for services, phone them up giving registration to confirm its not had any warranty work done on it
            3, obvioulsy do a hpi check, rac car data checks are good
            4 when you get there, confirm v5 vin number matches all of them on car
            5 use the back of your hand to go round every panel, if one panel seems rough or different to others, thats a sign of it havin paint

anthing else , give me a shout

thanks
            mark

##WWW.REVITUPUK.COM, We buy cars for cash, finance packages available & accept all major debit & credit cards & OUR NEW SERVICE DETAILING PACKAGES##

Comment

Id say you could get a better deal than that mate, thats an average price but you could get better than that.

Id say if your buying one, buy from the vx dealer or private.

Most of these guys that run small car lots get the cars from auction and sometimes there can be some hidden problems with the cars thats why it went to auction.

Could be a perfect little motor just making you aware.

Try and get a mechanic to come with you and check over the car and as the other guys said, defo an hpi check and get the miles verified.

Comment

Wasn't there a listing for one for 9k posted up a few days ago.. 06 plate 40k?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Richard, i'll try and find that, thanks.

Mark, thankyou, will take all that into consideration.

Comment

send us link of the garage thats sellin it or the ad you seen it, and see how genuine that seems to be, i have most contacts round the uk who also run garages so somewhere they will maybe have idea

thanks

##WWW.REVITUPUK.COM, We buy cars for cash, finance packages available & accept all major debit & credit cards & OUR NEW SERVICE DETAILING PACKAGES##

Comment

Here it is, on page 4.

http://dealerservices.autotrader.co....7/showroom.htm

thanks mate!

I've also seen one at Lookers, 57 plate for £11500 in blue. I think ill contact them tomorrow.

Comment

[QUOTE=W4GCN;458677]Id say you could get a better deal than that mate, thats an average price but you could get better than that.

Id say if your buying one, buy from the vx dealer or private.

Most of these guys that run small car lots get the cars from auction and sometimes there can be some hidden problems with the cars thats why it went to auction.

Could be a perfect little motor just making you aware.

Try and get a mechanic to come with you and check over the car and as the other guys said, defo an hpi check and get the miles verified.[/QUOTE]

+1 This is essential with independant dealers. I've just spent about 15 mins writing about my bad experience and when i pressed submit, it came and told me i was logged off and lost what i'd written.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X