X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen

Hi All,

Have noticed a crack in my windscreen today and on closer inspection I can't see that it was caused by a stone. The crack starts just below the wiper blade and is about 5 inches long.

I wondered if I could get this replaced on warranty?? Anyone done this??

Also, has any had this happen to them in terms of the windscreen cracking through some kind of pressure rather than stone chip??

Originally posted by DruffUK View Post
    Hi All,

Have noticed a crack in my windscreen today and on closer inspection I can't see that it was caused by a stone. The crack starts just below the wiper blade and is about 5 inches long.

I wondered if I could get this replaced on warranty?? Anyone done this??

Also, has any had this happen to them in terms of the windscreen cracking through some kind of pressure rather than stone chip??
    I had this on my current Corsa. A crack starting at the bottom of the windscreen and making it's way up and across. I didn't get the windscreen replaced under warranty. The Autoglass technician reckoned that it was a stone as there was a very tiny mark at the bottom of the windscreen on the line of the crack. His opinion was that it had cracked rather than chipped the windscreen because it had hit so clase to the edge of the glass.

Comment

You've no chance of getting it cahnged on warranty unless it was there when you brought trhe car. When i picked mine up it had a stoine chip which i noted before taking it and got the windscreen replaced.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...

Comment

get it replaced under insurance as I assume your fully comprehensive. You will only have to pay the excess maybe £50-£80 and it will not affect your no claims bonus.

So fairly cheap to put right.

Call your insurance company and then autoglass or similar will come to you either at home or work etc and replace it for you.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

sounds similar to ray_vxr's issue at the walsall meet. although his was a corsa
            Tech2 Diagnostics
            Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X