This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky Badge

I am going for the Modification of all Modifications today so I purchased my VXR boot strip badge to put on the front grille.

Ok so it is not that exciting.

Anyway the question is this, does it stick on easy enough and is it secure to travel at Motorway speeds and indeed speeds above that on a track ?

Anything I need to do to make it stick better or is it just a case of whack it on and will be good to go?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

The oe sticky back is good enuf had mine on for over a year now never fell off yet
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Will be fine as is, just be mindful where you place it to get the most surface area coverage on the honeycomb
      sigpic
      THE GREEN HELL CLUB NURBURGRING 2010

Comment

Bit of superglue or impact adhesive aswell might help

Comment

Yeah, standard should be OK or as Jay said, a touch of Superglue.

Did mine last week along with the door badges, think it looks wicked!!

Comment

Originally posted by DruffUK View Post
            Did mine last week along with the door badges, think it looks wicked!!

Any pics please would like to see the doors?

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Would like one of these on my front grille but too worried it's going to come off and cause £100's worth of damage to get what ever it hits re sprayed.
              I see dumb people.......
              .....they're everywhere
              .....they walk around like everyone else
              .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                Would like one of these on my front grille but too worried it's going to come off and cause £100's worth of damage to get what ever it hits re sprayed.
                Nah will be fine mate...
                Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Stuck mine on and is fine, has been on 6 months +, no sign of budging, just make sure you push it on well and position it so it sticks to the optimum amont of the black honeycomb....
                  Used to own: Arden Blue Astra VXR.

Now own: Silver Corsa VXR.

Comment

it will stick fine just make sure you have no back to black etc on there

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                      just put allitle bit of glue on it, i did and it has lasted 2 years so far

Comment

Would really like to know optimal positioning as it has the be exact on measurement etc & of course look correct !!!

Comment

If you wipe the area of grille where you are going to place the badge with some Methylated Spirits it will take remove any grease/oil/wax off and ensure it stays on without any need for extra adhesive
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turbowayne View Post
                            Would really like to know optimal positioning as it has the be exact on measurement etc & of course look correct !!!

There is no 'optimal' position,

Just tick it on the right hand side of the grill which is where most people have put it.

Comment

i just copied the position were vxr marc has his on his old arden blue vxr
                              Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X