This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices..

So a local dealer has a 06 plate, 3k on the clock, arden blue, 19s, possibly some other extras (salesman told a neighbour it was a £21k car when new). They are asking £17k

I've been doing some digging here and it seems £2k off list for a new one is achieveable with most dealers ? I noticed that everyone mentioning new car deales is oop north - I'm just about as south as you can get and we always pay more for stuff here. I don't mind travelling a bit to get a better deal, but don't want my time wasted, I've got a p/ex that parkers put a part exchange price on of £10k - So I don't want to travel only to find they are going to give silly p/ex deals.

My ideal spec is blue/19s/climate/AFL. Not sure on the AFL, is it worth £750 to get xenons ?

I've read a bit about autobytel and inchcape, not really worried about bad service as a mate is a tech at a inchcape dealer about 10 miles away and theres a dealer even closer. Im guessing they don't give great p/ex deals as the price of the car is so low ? Anyone got experience of jamjar who have the vxr listed at 17.3k ?

I might ask my mate about him getting a car via friends and family discount - anyone done this ?

Hi mate check these cars out i no its ebay but most are dealer ads should give you good idea about sechand prices

http://motors.search.ebay.co.uk/vxr_...34QQsacatZ9801

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Hi mate, I bought Zaffy VXR from Inchcape Fareham & got what was good deal at the time, had a couple of issues with the car that were resolved very quickly, would probably use them again. I know there has been some issues with a certain dealer on a previous thread, but each to their own & from experience, what might be a good one dealer one minute , the next time you buy thay can be crap - abit like resturants me thinks!

Comment

Re: Prices..

Originally posted by Crafty
        So a local dealer has a 06 plate, 3k on the clock, arden blue, 19s, possibly some other extras (salesman told a neighbour it was a £21k car when new). They are asking £17k

I've been doing some digging here and it seems £2k off list for a new one is achieveable with most dealers ? I noticed that everyone mentioning new car deales is oop north - I'm just about as south as you can get and we always pay more for stuff here. I don't mind travelling a bit to get a better deal, but don't want my time wasted, I've got a p/ex that parkers put a part exchange price on of £10k - So I don't want to travel only to find they are going to give silly p/ex deals.

My ideal spec is blue/19s/climate/AFL. Not sure on the AFL, is it worth £750 to get xenons ?

I've read a bit about autobytel and inchcape, not really worried about bad service as a mate is a tech at a inchcape dealer about 10 miles away and theres a dealer even closer. Im guessing they don't give great p/ex deals as the price of the car is so low ? Anyone got experience of jamjar who have the VXR listed at 17.3k ?

I might ask my mate about him getting a car via friends and family discount - anyone done this ?
        the car we test drove had AFL and although it is a great idea we didnt deem it an essential extra,many do though.
        i looked in to the friends and family discount and they said i could have £1k off the car and thats it,were as if we haggled without we could get nearer £2k :?
        if you have the time and patience play one dealer off against another and you would be surprised how far they`ll stretch to sell to you

Comment

Working...
        X