This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding Mirrors

what parts do you need to get to retro fit the above do you get em from vaux and is it easy?? cheers

check out my how to thread in the how to thread section

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34903

Comment

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
      check out my how to thread in the how to thread section

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34903
      cheers just had a gander at it very good right up need to get down to my local vaux dealer now in the new year for the parts

Comment

We have been putting together a discounted kit of parts to do this , however we have found that unless your car has got keyless start you also need door looms Because the wires for the folding operation up to the mirror head & door connector on the RH door are not there, and the wires from the door connector to the LH mirror head are also not there. The good news however is that they are in the loom across the car so all you need is the door looms in addition to the mirrors and the switch. I will post the prices later.
        Cheers Jon
        sigpic
        29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Comment

Originally posted by A11VXL View Post
          We have been putting together a discounted kit of parts to do this , however we have found that unless your car has got keyless start you also need door looms Because the wires for the folding operation up to the mirror head & door connector on the RH door are not there, and the wires from the door connector to the LH mirror head are also not there. The good news however is that they are in the loom across the car so all you need is the door looms in addition to the mirrors and the switch. I will post the prices later.
          Cheers Jon
          there is a note aboute this on my how to thread

Comment

i remember looking into doin it on my 56 plate and needed looms
            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by hutch924 View Post
              there is a note aboute this on my how to thread

Sorry should have read further
              sigpic

Comment

welcome back to posting A11VXL where you been ?????????

Comment

Busy turning spanners installing new dynos etc etc though watching with interest
                  sigpic

Comment

top job we expect pics please.......im defo coming up next year if theres a meet the tunner trips again.......was great at 888

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                      top job we expect pics please.......im defo coming up next year if theres a meet the tunner trips again.......was great at 888
                      Aussie and Sarah are organising something for mid Feb, will keep you posted.
                      We are also have a BIG open day on the 27th of June to celebrate our 25th Anniversary as a Vauxhall Tuner, now I feel old!!
                      sigpic

Comment

cool......the reason you feel old is.....

because you are

Comment

Cheers Jon
                          i m not saying your wrong , but easiest way to check is to whip the tweeter suround off and if you have 7 wires going into wherethe mirror is your ok , if you only have the five you need the looms , as a guy over on AON fitted them to a ( i think was a year back or so ) 06/56 sri which didn t have the push button start and didn t need the looms . ( may be different on the vxr though )
                          Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-blacksheep View Post
                            i m not saying your wrong , but easiest way to check is to whip the tweeter suround off and if you have 7 wires going into wherethe mirror is your ok , if you only have the five you need the looms , as a guy over on AON fitted them to a ( i think was a year back or so ) 06/56 sri which didn t have the push button start and didn t need the looms . ( may be different on the vxr though )
                            Its strange we have checked 3 cars an 08, 07 & a very late 06 all VXR's and those have only been 5 wire - your right though thats not to say they are all like it I have ordered a pair of looms, EPC is not all that clear, it seems that the replacement loom on EPC that is not for keyless entry, services a number of production options, I'm just waiting for them to arrive so we can be sure.
                            Last edited by A11VXL; 15 December 2008, 10:54 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Its strange we have checked 3 cars an 08, 07 & a very late 06 all VXR's and those have only been 5 wire - your right though thats not to say they are all like it I have ordered a pair of looms, EPC is not all that clear, it seems that the replacement loom on EPC that is not for keyless entry, services a number of production options, I'm just waiting for them to arrive so we can be sure.
                              yep a bit strange , but shouldn t the 08 have the keyless as standard , thus having the 7 wires . i have a 57 vxr with the keyless and i have the 7 wire loom although i only checked the drivers side , so will check the other side tomorrow
                              Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Working...
                              X