This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking

Just had my 2006 Astra OPC (its an opel) serviced. Along with my service I brought 2 new front tyres with me to be fitted. I expected to be charged about €20 to fit them. To my shock I was charged €65 as they decided to perform tracking on all 4 wheels??? Does the vxr/opc requirer 4 wheel tracking, I thought 2 wheel would have been fine? Also I had been looking at the tyres as I was very aware that the threads there getting very low. As far as I could tell the wear was very even on the front and rear. Is misalignment easy to spot to the untrained eye?

Thanks in advance..!
    Garret

Do you track your ride? If so (personal experience) the camber CAN be misaligned on your rear tires with continuous hard cornering. I get a four wheel alignment once a year.

Comment

Did you ask them to do tracking on your car?

If you didn't and they didn't tell you they were going to do it (and there wasn't any signs saying they would) then you legally don't have to pay them for the tracking.

If your tyres have worn nice and even, it's probably not even necessary either (although a check on the tracking every now and again isn't a bad thing)
      Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
      Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasher View Post
        Did you ask them to do tracking on your car?

If you didn't and they didn't tell you they were going to do it (and there wasn't any signs saying they would) then you legally don't have to pay them for the tracking.

If your tyres have worn nice and even, it's probably not even necessary either (although a check on the tracking every now and again isn't a bad thing)
        No I only asked for the tires to be fitted so they really should have asked me before they decided to track it. I Suppose at least its definitely aligned correctly now even if there wasn't anything wrong in the first place. Lesson learned i suppose...!

Comment

Working...
        X