This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcons Help

Right my insurance company owe me 1100 from the dep I gave them on my old insurance I was thinking New tv or save up a bit more and get the 6 pot alcon setup. but I ask people this and I never get a answer here are questions

right

1. How much are the Discs and pads to replace.
    2. can you uprate the pads to like yellow stuff or not
    3. How long is the waiting list for discs and pads say I running low on pads I dont want to wait one month for a set to get into stock.

Thank you.

So far Dap sells them 100% sure and I think Regal do but not too sure

Reason why 6 pot. its like 200 pound more so I thought if I am spending that much why not spend bit more on 6 pot

Thanks
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

how much are the 4 pots?
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Go To Tarox As These I Think Are Cheaper And 8 Pots Aswell

Comment

hang on I just got told that the 6 pot wont fit the 19 inch vxr wheels
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

It will fit, but with the biggest disc 365mm.

Tarox 8 pots doesnt mean they are any better in Performance, otherwise we would fit them.

Alcon in My experience ,with all the well known brands ,have performed and delivered beyond expectations.

Tried and Hard tested.

Its your choice, but think hard about it.

Comment

I dont think ap racing is as good and want alcons

if they will fit on the biggest disc then I am happy with that but then why wont a smaller disc work It should be the other way around smaller one fits bigger doesnt

Thanks

Comment

I have the 3 pot Alcons on both my cars and they are amazing, 6 pots for road use seem a bit over the top to me, also I picked both my sets up second hand so if you wait about you can get some too and save a packet. Dont know the disk price but I recently bought some genuine pads for about £135, the tuners all wanted a lot more but I got them through a contact I have. Dont think there is any need to uprate the pads as the Alcon ones work perfectly well
              sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
              Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

I cant find 2nd hand ones

and are teh alcons only fronts
                not rears also

I dont seem why to pay 1500 - 2000 on just fronts and not the rear Yes I know 80% breaking is front but surely at that price you can have the vectra conversion at the rear or something

Comment

think the dics are in the region of £500-£600 for a set . not sure if thats with the bells as you can swap them over to the new rotors ( but need all new fixings ) , but im sure Dave will be able to give you the price if you ask him nicely.

The price of the replacement disc's is the only reason i didn t go the alcon route and instead went the Vectra VXR setup as the replacement disc and pads will come in at about £250 , disc's on there own £170

and yes Regal and DAP can supply and turn round on new disc's is pretty quick for the alcons.

and as jalfrezigazee said i think your find 6 pots a bit over kill as even the 4pots on the road at slow speed like to bit pretty god dam hard unless you have a feather light foot , but have found this with all up rated racing brakes Alcons and AP's alike.
                  Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

I dont know

I thought it was the whole thing

Not like 1500-2000 on just front set up I find is alot of money and when my misses wants a new tv doesnt really help but yet im stage 3 and need the breaks god god god .... what will it be

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
                      I dont know

I thought it was the whole thing

Not like 1500-2000 on just front set up I find is alot of money and when my misses wants a new tv doesnt really help but yet im stage 3 and need the breaks god god god .... what will it be
                      no its only the fronts you get for that . but thats all you need , just uprate the back disc's and pads thats all thats needed . regal are running 400bhp astras with Alcon 4 pots and up rated rear disc and pads and they cope just fine . ( the rears don t do alot anyway , just keep the back in check . its at the front that matters )

well just have the vectra VXR setup and get the GF a new TV job done , and win win
                      Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

and I sent u a PM black sheep about the chrome thing I need please

Hmmm yes I donno at the moment

I cant explain for my misses that im spending alot of money on Discs and the setup for the fronts only

we already had a fight while back due to I spent money on a stage 3 and not her

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
                          and I sent u a PM black sheep about the chrome thing I need please

Hmmm yes I donno at the moment

I cant explain for my misses that im spending alot of money on Discs and the setup for the fronts only

we already had a fight while back due to I spent money on a stage 3 and not her
                          sorry forgot to PM you back will do it in a bit .

just get her a small TV and some flowers i m sure you spend enough on her already ( i hope she aint just with you for the cash )

alternativly get her a massive TV and just take it a bit easier in you driving style

Comment

LOL
                            One she showed me in comet was 1700 I told her a 4 letter word and off at the end

I hope she not with me for money but she isnt looking hard for another job which is annoying as I pay tax and bills and rent and everything shopping

Comment

1700 notes for a tv you can pick one up in tesco for like 500, hasnt she heard of the credit crunch? lol that doesnt mean she can spend more because prices are cheaper

go for the vectra set up and get a tv aswell as black sheep said

Comment

Working...
                              X