This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitrous

Heard that some local lad where i live has had a nitrous kit installed in his vw polo and apparently its great, i no nothing about nitrous, but has anyone got any knowledge of it or seen it installed in an astra.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

I don't know alot about nos either but i do know it can really mess your engine up and can give your car more power than any other mod alone

Comment

im not sure but i think it would be a pig to set up and map to the nitrous :?

Comment

IMHO its a waste of time unless you are drag racing.

"Nitrous" is Nitrous Oxide - laughing gas. Our american friends call it NOS (nawzz), which is actually a brand of the hardware over there, bit like us calling vacuum cleaners hoovers.

It get injected into the intake through a very small jet. The effect is it brings alot of extra oxygen into the engine - more oxygen means a more powerful explosion in the cylinder - more power, which is good. Problem is too much oxygen means the car runs lean and denonates. Detonation is bad in an engine but is especially bad for a turbo engine because of the high temperatures. You'll melt a piston quite easily if a car is detting.

The other thing to remember is that its a temporary power boost - a full bottle will last maybe 10 minutes on a track day, so for £30-50 a fill its kinda expensive. Nitrous is very commonly used in drag racing because (if you're doing it right!) a run lasts sub 10 seconds, V8s are pretty robust so can take the abuse 10 secs at a time.

Invest in a decent intercooler, hybrid turbo and remap instead.

Comment

corsa mate dont bother. i bought a nitrous kit and then sold it on without fitting it.

its prbs the best and easiest way to blow your motor up
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X