This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nurburg wing mirrors

Hi just picked up my new wing mirrors for my asrta.Orderd nurburg ones from the dealers was a little disapointed to find they are only stick on carbon effect.Did anyone else realise this?

Originally posted by jason 1088 View Post
    Hi just picked up my new wing mirrors for my asrta.Orderd nurburg ones from the dealers was a little disapointed to find they are only stick on carbon effect.Did anyone else realise this?
    Havent a burg so not 100% sure but can you really tell that its film, like what you would get from halfords.

Comment

No they look good just thought that they were going to be new covers not stick on that go over the originals.

Comment

How much did they cost... Might save me the cost of painting one!
        sigpic

Comment

No they look good just thought that they were going to be new covers not stick on that go over the originals.
          Im not sure how there done. I know Daz on here dipps them in a film to cover them, i would assume that VX do a similar thing as there not going to be rear carbon fibre. What colours underneath the film then, would have hoped it would be black.

Comment

No your missing the point.The carbon looks really good its just that they stick over the originals.Thought they were going to be new covers not stick on.

Comment

No your missing the point.The carbon looks really good its just that they stick over the originals.Thought they were going to be new covers not stick on.
              I dont know mate, like i said i havent got them. The film shouldnt be very think but then your going to have the lacquer / clearcoat over that which may make it 'bulge' alittle but i wouldnt have thought it should.

Post up a couple of pics so we can see what your on about.

Comment

I did the same but kind of hoped they would be a bit more than vacuform moldings, especially at the price. I bought some unpainted mirror covers to fit them (about £8 each from dealer) and to be honest they look pretty good fitted. Be patient when sticking them on, I had to re-postion mine a couple of times before I got them right.
                Red Astra VXR, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2s on Vredsteins, Remus, Forge Intercooler and Recirc valve, TMS Stage 3, RARB, Percy's CDTi Airbox, ITG Filter, NGK Iridium Plugs
                Blue LED interior lighting, LED sidelights.
                Alpine IVA-W502R, PXA-H100, PDX-1.600, SWR-1222D, KCE-400BT

Comment

Should Of Asked A Berg Owner Before You Ordered Them Its All Carbon Effect

Comment

it's a really thick stick on

Comment

Pictures as requested
                      Attached Files

Comment

Look okay to me.

Dont think you'd get anything better from a tuner to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                        X