X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skylinegtrsteve
    VXRed
    • 14 February 2007

Orgasmic.... !!!!

Oh yes!!!! Picked up my arden blue with 19s on yesterday. I must say it feels very errrr 'lively'. I had been used to winding up those big turbos on the Skyline GTR, and then getting the kick in the back as it took off. With the VXR, there power feels there all the time. Verry nice )).

Watch out for some pics, here and at www.vxrpower.co.uk They will be there once i get more time. Hopefully this week...
  • Flash
    The VXR Flash
    • 23 February 2006

Nice choice if you don't mind me saying Skyline :wink:
    Enjoy

Comment

• worsy
      The Cowboy Has Returned to the Saloon
      • 9 July 2006

enjoy the ride steve they are a great car well underestimated in my opinion
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

• AlexFi

Glad you appreciate the VXR for the car it is and I'm sure you'll have fun playing with it :wink:

Comment

• skylinegtrsteve
          VXRed
          • 14 February 2007

Stage 2

Hmm thanks guys.. I thought i would go for Stage 2 verry soon.... Just thought i'd stick out a month or so of it in standard so i would appreciate the stage 2 more when its done.

Tell me.. does the handbook state not to warm car on idle for some technical reason, or is it a green thing? I always used to warm the GTR well before the drive. Never drove it cold it the 3 years i have it... take a look at

Comment

• Redvxr23
            VXR enough
            • 6 October 2006

ive got stage 1, and warming the car up, dive it like a granny for 1st 10mins buy then it should be warm........SHOULD be....lol

Comment

• AlexFi

Likewise, I normally just go and after 5-10 mins the engines up to temp. Just press and hold settings for 5 or so seconds, you'll hear a bong like an Aircraft seatbelt warning, then press BC 5 times and you'll be able to see engine temp. Don't take car above 3.5/4K revs until it's up to 80 - or at least that's what I do

When you get the stage two you'll just love it. Standard exhaust is not bad but with the milltek(or magnex) the noise is fabby but not too intrusive.

Ps. The above is on a CDC70, however prinical is same, press hold settings for 5 secs or so. Then by pressing through BC you'll eventually see OE Temp (for non CDC70 systems), which is the coolant temp. Loads on this in the How 2 section.

Comment

• Stim1961
                VXR Retro Mad
                • 30 September 2006

AlexFi is the sport bit a mistake aint it comp ?.

Comment

• Redvxr23
                  VXR enough
                  • 6 October 2006

alex could you do stage 2 but not have the exhaust ???????

Comment

• AlexFi

Meant settings, I'll edit prev post to show.

M1-8Hav - No not really as Stage 2 is the exhaust plus a map to take advantage of the new increase flow. Using the Stage 2 map on a standard exhaust would most likely cause issues. Basically if you want to go beyond the Stage 1 map you would have to do something. If you don't want the full exhaust, get the turbo downpipe and then the Stage 1 map could be modified to take full advantage of this. Then when it comes round to Stage 2 you only have to pay for the remaining exhaust parts.

Comment

• Redvxr23
                      VXR enough
                      • 6 October 2006

ah ok... thanks mate......

Comment

Working...