This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about IC/ stage 3 map

Right not sure which way round i will do this.....

if i get the stage 3 remap ( on sport button mode ) am i alright to drive the vxr for a couple of days without the intercooler fitted, i wnt be using the sport button mode so technically wont be using stage 3

or

if i get the intercooler fitted first then a few days later get the map will the intercooler on stage 2 make a power gain/difference?
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Im no tuner but if you got the map on the sports button and didnt switch it on i couldnt see the problem. And i couldnt see the problem with having the intercooler put on whilst you have stage 2, dont know what gains etc you would get theough

Comment

You'd probably be fine at this time of year as the air is already cold, but I wouldn't want to cane it straight from traffic for example, the engine heat soak would mean the intake air was a bit hot.

Comment

Dont use full throttle for more then 5 secs

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaVXR_Jay View Post
          For gods sake dont get this thread going like the one in the other forum.

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaVXR_Jay View Post

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
              mite be coming down to u soon.. me, the vxr and the intercooler.........in the boot! if the offer to help fit it is still available pal

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                mite be coming down to u soon.. me, the vxr and the intercooler.........in the boot! if the offer to help fit it is still available pal
                no probs mate have you got the longer brackets to hold the air con rad to the coolant rad?? should have 2 of them or 3

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                  no probs mate have you got the longer brackets to hold the air con rad to the coolant rad?? should have 2 of them or 3
                  will find out when it arrives... mite be a while tho bein xmas

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                    will find out when it arrives... mite be a while tho bein xmas
                    no probs even if you haven't they can be made easy enough

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                      For gods sake dont get this thread going like the one in the other forum.
                      lol

Comment

dont know about other maps but EDS ones have multi-levels of tuning in them, if a sensor shows as being out of range the ecu switches to a different mappinbg to protect the engine (commonly known as ignition pull back or retardation)

You will ok for suure, as John mentioned a few posts back, at this time of year you will be OK to last it as the air intakes will be nice and cold, dont worry about blasting for x seconds, just do it and have fun
                        sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                        Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Working...
                        X