Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my burg in my mitts after 7 months!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my burg in my mitts after 7 months!!

And i immediately have a question

I have a snooper Evolution and want to wire it in. It needs 12v like the ciggy lighter. In my old Astra G, i just popped it open and wired it into the back of the cig lighter cables using clip in connectors. can i still do this with a burg, because im worried about CANBUS denying me the car!!
    #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
    #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Originally posted by havoc856 View Post
    And i immediately have a question

I have a snooper Evolution and want to wire it in. It needs 12v like the ciggy lighter. In my old Astra G, i just popped it open and wired it into the back of the cig lighter cables using clip in connectors. can i still do this with a burg, because im worried about CANBUS denying me the car!!
    yes mate will be fine
    BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

Ta mate, i will jump to it tomorrow morning while my RARB is being fitted and add it to my (now rather lengthy) list of things to do!!

Comment

The cig lighter is permanant 12v, if you want a ignition 12v there is a red wire on the back of the heater control and also and earth, might be worth puting a fuse in tho

Comment

The snooper comes with a Fused hardwire kit. its now in the back of the cig lighter. doesnt hurt to be less lazy than when im in my other car!! Having to turn it on and off isnt bad at all!!

Comment

Havoc, I'm gonna do the same as you tomorrow! Help, where did you put your Snooper? and how did you run the wire?

I wanna put the snooper right in the center of the dash by the grill, but am worried about how to run the cable, I want it hidden and just the plug and a little wire showing, thought of pushing it down between the screen and the dash, but dunno if thats possible!!

How easy was it to get at the cig lighter cable?
            sigpic
            Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Okies.

HOW TO: Install a Snooper (Evolution In my case)

1. Under your handbrake there is a cover that goes over the OOBD port. Beside the gaiter for the handbrake is a finger hole, pull up and remove the cover.
              2. Using a T20 hexspanner undo the two screws holding down the gear surround.
              3. Gentle pull back the gear surround and the cigarrette lighter casing comes out. If it doesnt, it may require a wiggle.
              4. Using either soldering iron and solder or a dual cable crimp block, connect the fused live to the red wire.
              5. Using either a soldering iron and solder or a dual cable crimp block, connect the neg wire to the brown wire.
              6. Route the rest of the cable out the back of the center console, there is an opening near the pedals.
              7. Using the black sticky pads given with the snooper, stick one to the small tray above the pedals at each side of the footwell.
              8. leaving sufficient slack, stick the cable to the pads and tidy away into the tray/dash trim
              9. Besides the door:

Using a small flat blade screwdriver, push the cable in between the fabric trim and the dash.

Using this method, taking care not to damage anything, you can route the snooper power cable up to the base of the window.

Connect up and turn on.

Bear in mind that the snooper is attached to a permenantly live cable, and needs turning on and off... I couldnt find an ignition logic cable :S

Pictures:

*Remembering i have yet to poke my cable away door side

The cable can be poked deeper, i have pulled it up so you can see better

Trust me it does fit in between the two trim types.

*EDIT* Mods ill pull my dash apart when i get time this weekend and draft up a proper HOW TO for future reference in the How to sect

Comment

Haha nice guide

Thanks for going out in the dark and taking pics, much appreciated

Do you happen to know if there is space between the windscreen and the dash to poke the cable into?
                sigpic
                Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

LOL not a problem mate. Yes there is space... see other thread LMAO

Comment

lol, I'm asking one question here and it's being answered in the other LMAO

Cheers for all your help, a how to is a great idea, best of luck with it. I'll take some pics of mine tomorrow too, maybe you can use them as a reference in your guide for people wanting to mount it in the center of the dash.

Cheers again
                    sigpic

Comment

Ye if you could mate, send them to my email address and i'll include them!!

Comment

Will do mate
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X