X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Indicators

Anyone else had this...

If I turn left or right using the indicators, it cancels fine... but if I try to manually cancel them they wont! They just stay on!!

??

there are 2 settings on the indicators 1 is as short shift which i think flashes 3 timesw and goes off and then the normal mode where it stay's on till you turn left or right but never known them to stay on all the time they should cancel if they persist nip in to your dealers and get em checked mate
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Yeah, I know about the two settings, I just wondered if it was a common fault...

Comment

To manually cancel softly press in opposite indication direction (hope that makes sense, if you press down to turn left, softly press up) and it will cancel the indication. Takes a bit of getting used to :wink:

Comment

The indicators are the worse thing on the car, they drive me up the wall, they rarely stay on when you need them to, and normally cancel far to quickly.
          I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

They are tricky but eventually you get used to them. When I first drove a new vauxhall with them I hated it, but now I've driven quite a few of the new vauxhalls, and my Astra of course, I find that I quite like them and have just got used to how they work - mind you I do still occassionally end up indicating right when all I want to do is cancel my left indication , but it hardly happens now, usually I've just hit the stalk a bit harder than I meant to :wink:

Comment

LOL, I know how to cancel them! I have had the car a few months!

They wont cancel, no matter how many times I click, prod, press, touch, kiss, lick the ******* stalk!!

Comment

Sorry mate, didn't mean to teach you to suck eggs
                If they won't cancel at all them get it in to dealer for inspection is what I would say :wink: Definately a new one on me so would be interested to see what they say.

Comment

Took a standard corsa sxi for a test drive just to get a feel for the size of the car, and the indicators were a bit annoying at first! I couldnt get them to self cancel with a turn of the wheel, and when i tried cancelling them myself it would put the opposite indicator on! suppose its something that takes a bit of gettin used to!

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo
                    Took a standard corsa sxi for a test drive just to get a feel for the size of the car, and the indicators were a bit annoying at first! I couldnt get them to self cancel with a turn of the wheel, and when i tried cancelling them myself it would put the opposite indicator on! suppose its something that takes a bit of gettin used to!
                    I've had my VXR a month and still cannot get used to them.
                    I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                      I do still occassionally end up indicating right when all I want to do is cancel my left indication , but it hardly happens now, usually I've just hit the stalk a bit harder than I meant to :wink:
                      I still do this myself sometimes and it bugs the hell out of me.

Need to get more practice.

Comment

They do say it makes perfect

Comment

took me a while to get used to the indicators , you should have seen me when i went to test drive the car at the dealers

i felt a real pratt trying to get them to turn off , sales man had to show me

Comment

Jesus i can see me driving to leicester saturday causing multiple pileups indicating left , right , up and down.....
                            HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

thay can be a pain but thay are well covered in the owners hand book.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Working...
                              X