This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem!!

My radio has suddenly gone quiet... Any ideas?
    #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
    #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

What about the other audio functions??? CD?

Comment

Originally posted by havoc856 View Post
      My radio has suddenly gone quiet... Any ideas?
      Try the volume....works every time.....have you still got the display ??
      sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
      Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
      Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Yes still had display.. all audio inputs were quiet, turned off the vixer and back on... problem solved!?!?!? CDC30 is well weird!

Comment

has happened to me a few times, cuts out suddenly for no apparent reason. alwasys has sorted itself after around 5 mins though!
          Arden Blue Stage 2 Astra VXR on 19's. Remus, Bluefin, Cruise Control, Tints, Whiteline RARB, Eibach Sportlines.

Comment

might be getting too hot?

Comment

was the cabin hot when it cut out??
              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

mine goes the other way now and again and wont come off the top volume, not good

Comment

Originally posted by Cobers VXR View Post
                  mine goes the other way now and again and wont come off the top volume, not good

hope it's just the radio that goes "the other way".lol

Comment

LOL yeah its freezing here, heating was on, then the radio went quiet... "waits for the enevitable post saying the heater is quite loud!"

Comment

Bet that makes you jump! I managed to proper crank mine up all of a sudden yesterday when going from the gear stick to the indicator stork. My fingers caught the left side of the volume control and spun it upwards... Made me jump! Had to quickly look round to see if anyone had seen me!
                      sigpic

Comment

posted about this before .. once the cd30 gets a little hot .. it cuts out the volume to cool down due to a resistor in the back of the unit to stop it over heating !! .. what is annoying is that a car that u pay very good money for .. u get a sub standard head unit !! .. in this day and age this should not be happening to headunits !! .. its the first ive ever heard of it .. and im now on my 3rd unit and it still does it .. and my warranty is now up ... so it wont be getting changed again !!! .. so frustrating !!
                        sigpic
                        www.thevenuelondon.com / www.myspace.com/fatboyateallthepies
                        the owner of the first zaffy detailed by vxrmarc and also the owner of the first bus sm'd by vxrcourt3

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyateallthepies View Post
                          posted about this before .. once the cd30 gets a little hot .. it cuts out the volume to cool down due to a resistor in the back of the unit to stop it over heating !! .. what is annoying is that a car that u pay very good money for .. u get a sub standard head unit !! .. in this day and age this should not be happening to headunits !! .. its the first ive ever heard of it .. and im now on my 3rd unit and it still does it .. and my warranty is now up ... so it wont be getting changed again !!! .. so frustrating !!
                          About a month before my MK4 was written off, i'd just got my stereo how i wanted it! Starting to have second thoughts about modifying now cus its just wasted money in that situation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is that because you have the traffic progrma activated? My GSi used to do that when it was new, 2 trips to the dealers and a new radio later it did it again, then I read the manual and found a setting that determined how loud the volume should be when Tp is activated
                            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

Working...
                            X