This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with Diff

just come back from vauxhall and they said my diff is on its way out and warranty are not going to cover it because i have put an exhaust on and lowered it what should i do and all this before christmas.

the limited slip diff? big money job that is if the diff has gone pal
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

to much can i get a 2nd hand one or where can i get a new one from

Comment

well MPG are doing Uprated diffs at about £790 fitted....... mite want to compare that with supply and fitment of a standard one
        Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Courts do a limited slip diff for £999 fitted

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34550

Why would an exhaust and lowering void your diff warranty?

Comment

go to another dealer or ask to speak with the area manager about it
              sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
              Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

The exhaust wouldnt make no difference but lowering would. The driveshafts are acting more pressure directly onto the diff bearings thus kanckering them. So Vx are right for a change to say no.

Comment

my diff bearings went and vx done mine on warranty!! nice one vx!! try a different garage....

Comment

yea try a different garage, TMS in milton keynes are good at this sort of thing

Comment

av gt my old diff from my burg f ur interestd am lookn 150 m8 tho postage and packaging r nt in there tho.

Comment

Deffo get it looked at by another stealer. I have just had a complete new gearbox under warranty and I've also got an aftermarket exhaust and lowered suspension!

The warranty would only be voided on items that are directly and adversely influenced by the modification, and I can't see how either of your mods will influence the diff directly.
                        Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                        Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Working...
                        X