X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Fan query

Hi guys,

I need some advice as my engine fan keeps coming on? Even when, I started the engine from cold. I had the car serviced 4 months ago and I have done only probably 2000 miles since. All fluids appear fine including oil. It started yesterday after I traveled to Rushden from Milton Keynes, roughly a 50 round trip. I do not normally travel that kind of distance (Even though 50 miles isn’t far) I live close to work and always do short journeys.

Nothing obvious seems wrong or no warnings on the dash board have appeared. So I am confused why the fan is operating because the car might be over heating. So would an unusual distance traveled cause this?

Has anyone else experienced inconsistencies with their engine fan?

One fan or two? Usually, one fan will stay on at a lower rpm setting. Second one kicks in for a minute or two when engine temps start to creep up.

Comment

The main large fan at front of the engine bay - the noiser one. I just found out its coming on without switching the ignition on as well!

Comment

you using your air con!?

Comment

you may have a faulty coolant temp sensor.

if it is faulty,or you have a wiring short on the circuit it will kick the fans on at fullspeed as a safety feature to stop you cooking the engine.

bring up you coolant temp on your display and see if it moves or reads.if it doesnt,you probably have a dodgy sensor.
          ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
          version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
          version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
          coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

My fan came on outside tesco's the other day as an old biddy walked past and she almost hit the deck with fright and then was almost sucked in. Makes a fair noise as ive never heard it on.

Comment

Working...
            X