This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nex big brake kits

anyone used these before?? I can get a good price for these (around £700 for the 4 pots) the guy says they will fit the Astra vxr

NEX Brake Kits provide consistent performance with a unique slotted rotor design that is more structurally sound and always refreshing the pad surface.

Bolt on a NEX performance brake kit and enjoy shorter stopping distances, less brake fade, and more aggressive pedal bite. Plus, the high-octane look of performance brake kit rotors and calipers makes your ride memorable.

A new NEX brake kit comes with:
    1. A pair of RED forged 4 pot brake calipers
    2. A pair of one piece (floating design) grooved brake discs (324 x 24mm)
    3. A pair of mounting brackets
    4. A pair of stainless steel braided hydraulic hoses
    5. A set of fast road brake pads

Our brake kits have undergone extensive testing on and off the track. They have been fitted to both of our competition winning Saab race cars, taking part on tracks across the UK and the Nurburgring. The brakes played a big part in being able to outperform high end sports cars including BMW CSLs and Porsche Turbos.

also in 6 pots x 355mm as used on their Saab race cars...... £1300!!

Last edited by smokinvxr; 25 December 2008, 12:45 PM.

they look good, theyre 4 pots so cant b bad also very good price much more realistic than some
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
      they look good, theyre 4 pots so cant b bad also very good price much more realistic than some
      they also do 6 pots 355mm x 32mm they do them for Porsche 911's too so can't be bad
      Last edited by smokinvxr; 21 December 2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

how much and what is the availability on replacement pads ?

Comment

what size are the biggest discs out of alcons/aps how do these discs compare in size to the current market leaders. also did you say 6 pot will fit the vxr?

Comment

Originally posted by S20 GST View Post
            how much and what is the availability on replacement pads ?
            around £700 I'm gonna speak to the guy tomorrow for full details...shouldn't be any problem with getting new pads though they are a big firm and use these brakes a lot on their cars

Comment

sounds good mate

Comment

Only thing I would say is Ap's/Alcons cost more because the cost of development/testing etc "nex" are clearly unknown for a reason otherwise they would be using them on the zonda etc instead of ap racing. And the standard discs are 28mm wide where as the kit above is 24mm which would make me think twice.
                I see dumb people.......
                .....they're everywhere
                .....they walk around like everyone else
                .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

just spoke to my mate who told me about these and he says they have got them to fit our cars and he is getting all the info for me tomorrow........ £1000 cheaper than alcons or AP's hell of a saving!! They're using them on cars a lot more powerful than ours on the track so can't see any problem on an Astra.......

Comment

gotta agree with iain here (smoking) its nice to know ya have big breaks if ya need them but how often on the road are you going to put these breaks too and past their limit? if you are doing it alot you shouldnt be on the road!

only place you will really feel the difference is smashing it round a track

nice find iain

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                      they also do 6 pots 355mm they do them for Porsche 911's too so can't be bad
                      How much for these?
                      And will they fit the VXR Astra?

I could be very interested

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                        gotta agree with iain here (smoking) its nice to know ya have big breaks if ya need them but how often on the road are you going to put these breaks too and past their limit? if you are doing it alot you shouldnt be on the road!

only place you will really feel the difference is smashing it round a track

nice find iain
                        true but they look wickid through the 19's!!
                        BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          How much for these?
                          And will they fit the VXR Astra?

I could be very interested
                          Gonna get all the details tomorrow.....

Comment

the disc is one part made to look like a 2 piece setup

on the race car they use the 6 pot setup
                            the truth is out there
                            part GSI part VXR
                            tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
                              the disc is one part made to look like a 2 piece setup

on the race car they use the 6 pot setup
                              that is just the way i posted the pics up danny.....i got lots of pics and put the 4 pots up first then below i put the 6 pots...

the 4 pots are 1 piece as they said and the 6 pots are 2 piece as in the lower pics and as you have also stated..
                              more info here on the 6 pots....http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/nex-big-brake-kits.asp
                              Last edited by smokinvxr; 21 December 2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X