This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil change cost

if i drove into vaux and they had time to do it how much would an oil change cost me? just think i might get it done cars done bit over 5k now so should really do it
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

i got told £91 the other week

Comment

blimey really

Comment

do it yourself, if it wasnt for the stamp
        Whats next?!?!?

Comment

is it easy to do tho? hows it done

Comment

easy mate. Get your car on level ground, let the engine run for a few minutes to warm the oil up.

Turn off engine, undo filler cap, remove dipstick, remove sump plug and remove filter.
            Then in good old fashioned haynes manual instruction, do the opposite to the above to fit everything back on
            Easy, will take 15 min at most.
            Whats next?!?!?

Comment

The cost of 5ltrs of oil and if you take it to a garage don't pay anymore than 1hrs labour.
              I see dumb people.......
              .....they're everywhere
              .....they walk around like everyone else
              .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

the garage near me will do it for £20 if you get oil an filter
                it takes me 5 mins work for a oil change but i like to leave it 15 mins for oil to drain out
                the truth is out there
                part GSI part VXR
                tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

i know how to undo the oil cap on top of the engine and remove the dip stick but where is the sump plug? do you just put a bucket underneath the sump then? same principle as draining the coolant? i can do that

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                    i know how to undo the oil cap on top of the engine and remove the dip stick but where is the sump plug? do you just put a bucket underneath the sump then? same principle as draining the coolant? i can do that
                    yes just the same
                    the truth is out there
                    part GSI part VXR
                    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

sorryy wheres the sump plug

Comment

Buy the parts from VX parts desk and then take it to a garage, preferably a mechanic you know and they are robbing you if they charge more than £20. you should have change from £50 for the lot.

Comment

50 pounds at the local dealer

Comment

if you dont know where the sump plug is i think the best advise would be to get some help from someone who knows what they are doing, that way you will be able to do it yourself next time. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

I am going to change oil in mine over Christmas break Halfords are selling Mobil 1 0-40 fully synthetic for £38!!! 20% off Filter £3.19 from dealer sorted. Well worth doing it yourself.
                              Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X