This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorney... MOT's?

Do Thorney do MOT's? I think the answer's probably no as I had a look around their site and couldn't find anything - but I just wanted to make sure. Ideally they're the only ones I'd like touching my car lol. Cheers

TMS can do your MOT for you
    sigpic

Comment

Talking of MOT's my car failed the MOT yesterday on emmisions! Ive got the full remus and had it on for bout 6 months, boy said it had a slight leak at the joint behind the second cat and said take it for a go blast to heat the cats up and then tighten the joint or paste it and gave me 15 mins to do it so 20 mins later i got back and he said it scrapped it and no more so if anyone with a remus is going for the test make sure your exhaust is not blowing not even a tiny wee bit.

I was shocked and worried as i had cut the old exhaust into bits....

Comment

ouch
        sigpic

Comment

hat cell cat is this new milltek then catless or 100 cell? surely if remus gets trouble thn the milly will for sure
          Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
            ouch
            I know its may come to all remus heads... eeeeek

I couldnt believe it as the car was out of tax and MOT at the end of nov so this MOT was a must to get road tax and when i heard him say to the incar guy the exhaust is blowing at the joint i thought no no not the emmisions but yes it was.

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
              hat cell cat is this new milltek then catless or 100 cell? surely if remus gets trouble thn the milly will for sure
              Thats what im thinking, the remus was bought from vx and fitted by them and it was touch and go on a pass, the boy knew me from fixing one of there cars so he was helpfull but if someone gets an awkward MOT tester there snookered.

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
                Not heard of any Milltek emissions failures...not to say they haven't though.
                Could just be a fitting issue as opposed to quality control...
                sigpic

Comment

new milltek i mean - what cell cat is it??

Comment

I'm not sure Darren but I will find out for you!...I try not to think about the new system too much as I haven't got one
                    sigpic

Comment

lol ok dude. all im thinking is that may be worse come mot time

Comment

i would have thought it would be a 100 cell cat like the remus for best flow.
                        my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

No idea what make of cat is in the Remus, the Milltek has an HJS cat and we've not had any failures as regards MOT's.

If there was a leak then that would cause a failure as air would be drawn in and pass over the sensors indicating the cat had failed when it hadn't.

Comment

Have you guys seen many Remus's in for MOT's at thorneys? If so any problems with them? Or were you refering to both Miltek and Remus?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

TBH no, we've done a few MOT's obviously but I cant remember doing one on a Remus equiped car, we've done quite a few on Milltek'd cars all without any issues. With sports exhausts you need to get the car warmed up properly before you test it so it might be related to the MOT tester in this example not doing that? Anyhoo, as I said if there was a leak that would cause emissions to fail anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X