This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stone chip

Was washing my car today and found a stone chip down to the metal, whats the best thing to do?
    Just get a touch up stick (where from)
    Or call chips away (any idea how much)
    Astra is arden blue by the way
    Cheers Guys and gals
    Joe

Originally posted by Joe__vxr View Post
    Was washing my car today and found a stone chip down to the metal, whats the best thing to do?
    Cheers Guys and gals
    Joe
    Get a touch up stick for it as these chips away guys mix the colour themselfs and never get it quite right but in saying that the touch up i got for mine from vx wasnt the greatest match due to the colour varients from factory that there are on the arden blue vx's.

Marc one of the mods on here did a thread bout touch up to paint i think have a wee search or contact him, he's pretty much god when it comes to detailing!

Comment

have a look on this thread and scroll down to vxrmarc`s comments , theres a couple of links that he posted up before

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ht=stone+chips

hope it helps

Comment

I have used the halfords one, I am a bit heavy handed, but looks ok and much better than leaving it. Just take your time and dont rush..
        Used to own: Arden Blue Astra VXR.

Now own: Silver Corsa VXR.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe__vxr View Post
          Cheers Guys and gals
          Joe
          my local dealer's workshop give me a touch up stick for my arden for free as their sprayer chris is a top top guy (outstanding) and i done mine with that . Although the colour is a perfect match and even with a very steady hand you will not get it perfect but it is good enough for the naked eye and much better than looking at white primer.

Comment

cheers for the advise guys, i went to halfods earlier and picked up the 3 pen set, £11.49, yet to do it though!!

Comment

Working...
            X