This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• courts uprated actuator

if i fitted one of these to my burg with oe turbo would i notice anything or are they only for courts maps.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

should give you better boost, what i mean by that is that the boost curve is smoother
    my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=122

i see now they sell it with a special bracket? do these have to be fitted by a mechanic??

Comment

Spoke to Mark at Courtenay about this he said you cant just fit it needs to be set up unless you have courts map.other maps might need adjusted as if you just fit it it will increase boost because of the stronger spring
        Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

Helps to maintain boost better and provide a smoother curve, however as above it needs to be setup according to the map on the car. Just popping one on and setting it to X break off pressure could lead to issues as the car may make more (or even less if break off too low) boost than your map is designed for, leading to other effects.

If you get one then make sure it is fitted and setup correctly for your car.

Comment

ill pm regal see what they say cheers tho

Comment

i had a forge uprated actuator on my cupra ibiza and i did notice it was alot smoother which inturn delivered the power better and with the forge you can have different strengths of internal springs to cope with different power.

If its cheap enough it'd be worth getting if you are going to be taking your modding seriously.

Fitting yourself is a no no id say as both your map and it need to work together and be set up.

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                i had a forge uprated actuator on my cupra ibiza and i did notice it was alot smoother which inturn delivered the power better and with the forge you can have different strengths of internal springs to cope with different power.

If its cheap enough it'd be worth getting if you are going to be taking your modding seriously.

Fitting yourself is a no no id say as both your map and it need to work together and be set up
                ok so the actuator and the map need to be set up together so what's the score then when you use a hand held device to load your maps? would the actuator need to be adjusted then too??

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                  ok so the actuator and the map need to be set up together so what's the score then when you use a hand held device to load your maps? would the actuator need to be adjusted then too??
                  Ideally yes, standard boost pressures are 18 on overboost and holding around 14/15, break off pressure 12psi (iirc), therefore on a remap as the overboost goes up and so does the holding pressure you really need to tweak it as otherwise it's just venting and your then putting additional strain on the turbo to make the boost (imo of course).

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi View Post
                    Ideally yes, standard boost pressures are 18 on overboost and holding around 14/15, break off pressure 12psi (iirc), therefore on a remap as the overboost goes up and so does the holding pressure you really need to tweak it as otherwise it's just venting and your then putting additional strain on the turbo to make the boost (imo of course).
                    I've got the Regal 315map on my car now stage 3 and i've been tinkering with the actuator and now overboosting 22 and holding at 18 does this sound about right?? I have felt better boost at a different setting but didn't have a gauge fitted then can I turn it up a wee bit more??

Comment

rather interesting personal opinion you have there alex

Comment

That sounds about right for a Stage 3. Dependant on map, some will go up to 23 on overboost, holding 17/18 at top - so sounds like yours is good where it is

Ideally get a minivac, call tuner to find out the break off and then ensure it is set there.

Comment

Originally posted by duffvxr View Post
                          rather interesting personal opinion you have there alex
                          Just googled it mate

Comment

That sounds about right for a Stage 3. Dependant on map, some will go up to 23 on overboost, holding 17/18 at top - so sounds like yours is good where it is

Ideally get a minivac, call tuner to find out the break off and then ensure it is set there.
                            thanx for that Alex

Comment

Working...
                            X