Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astra Gone....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Astra Gone....

    ..For a day, dealer wanted to keep the car overnight to make sure the gasket and everything settle on the manifold recall. Told them about the diesel sound when starting the car from cold, I hope they fix it! Got a crappy Corsa SXi diesel.

    Going into a car like this makes you really appreciate the VXR more. I cant wait to get the VXR back!!!

    I dont care if I get a X-Mas pressie or not this year, getting the VXR back is enough for me, roll on tomorrow 5PM
    sigpic
    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

  • #2
    Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
    ..For a day, dealer wanted to keep the car overnight to make sure the gasket and everything settle on the manifold recall. Told them about the diesel sound when starting the car from cold, I hope they fix it! Got a crappy Corsa SXi diesel.

    Going into a car like this makes you really appreciate the VXR more. I cant wait to get the VXR back!!!

    I dont care if I get a X-Mas pressie or not this year, getting the VXR back is enough for me, roll on tomorrow 5PM
    Hmmm... I got mine back straight after the work was done. Wonder what the correct procedure is?!?!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Dunno, got me thinking. He said they where gonna replace the gasket too, but I dont know anything about installing/replacing gaskets and if you should leave the car a while after fitting.
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

      Comment


      • #4
        you dont need time for the exhaust gasket to set, it just needs to be put in place

        good practice to replace the gasket though, i wonder how many were actually changed on this recall procedure
        Whats next?!?!?

        Comment


        • #5
          Well they said they where gonna replace it, Saying is one thing, doing is another!
          sigpic
          Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
            Dunno, got me thinking. He said they where gonna replace the gasket too, but I dont know anything about installing/replacing gaskets and if you should leave the car a while after fitting.

            Wouldn't have thought they leave the gasket to settle that long when building the engine. With a gasket there's usually just a tightening/slackening/tightening sequence to follow, to ensure it is seated properly.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              if there proper technicians they should,

              it wont be difficult to do it when the manifold is off, itd actually be easier to put a new 1 in instead of using the old 1 i reckon
              Whats next?!?!?

              Comment


              • #8
                How do they do it then?, from under the car or though the top, looks quite tight down there
                sigpic
                Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
                  How do they do it then?, from under the car or though the top, looks quite tight down there
                  From the top. When the heat shield is off, all of the bolts become much more accessable.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    from the top. Itd be difficult from underneath cos your downpipes would be in the way.
                    Whats next?!?!?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      bugger, you beat me to it
                      Whats next?!?!?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Kieran23 View Post
                        bugger, you beat me to it
                        Woohoo!
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          lol
                          sigpic
                          Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            cant live without my vxr love it to pieces espically the minty sports button!!
                            Arden Racing Edition

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rocky_VXR View Post
                              cant live without my vxr love it to pieces espically the minty sports button!!
                              You're not meant to lick it... Press it next time.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X