This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest Stage 2?

Just got my Remus fitted courtesay of K13BKR off here cheers pal. Paid £400 all in including getting my mate to put Keiths back to standard and fit the Remus to mine so got a real bargain there. Sounds amazing lol.

Anyway i bought my Regal EDS IPF for £450 and £400 for remus so £850 total for stage 2, anyone managed it cheaper?

Also have a milltek pre-cat for sale if anyones interested PM me, only done about 4k miles with it on, paid £225 for it have reciept from Thorneys. Will ebay it if no one here wants it.

On the downside my mate noticed an oil leak from the turbo and had a little investigation and we found that the turbine thing inside the turbo has a bit of side to side play in it. I'm no mechanic but my mate said thats definitely not good!

You wouldnt find much cheaper than that as the remus is £850 and most re-maps are around the £500 mark.

Comment

stage 2 = 450 for remus (fitted) + 350 for bluefin

currently got stage 3 map for free and intercooler for £300... so £300 extra for stage 3
      Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

You havent done bad there cannock, take it the remus and intercooler are second hand then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
          You havent done bad there cannock, take it the remus and intercooler are second hand then.
          Yh rite place rite time i guess.... although its going to cost me £120 to have the intercooler fitted so that bumps it up again.

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
            stage 2 = 450 for remus (fitted) + 350 for bluefin

currently got stage 3 map for free and intercooler for £300... so £300 extra for stage 3
            Ahh you beat me haha. Yeah you can get bargains if your patient. Bit worried about the turbo though

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
              Ahh you beat me haha. Yeah you can get bargains if your patient. Bit worried about the turbo though
              My turbo?

Comment

Is anyone selling a remus or miltek?
                I see dumb people.......
                .....they're everywhere
                .....they walk around like everyone else
                .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                  Is anyone selling a remus or miltek?
                  one on ebay bidding @ £265

Comment

I paid £800, for my stage two, £450 for the Remus, and £350 for the EDS map.

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                      My turbo?
                      No mine ! read the original post mate its in there.

Comment

Play in the turbine shaft is very not good I would get this checked at VX as soon as!! , but the oil leak is quite common its usually the turbo oil seals again get it to VX for warranty fix!!
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                        Originally posted by soosie
                        Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                          Play in the turbine shaft is very not good I would get this checked at VX as soon as!! , but the oil leak is quite common its usually the turbo oil seals again get it to VX for warranty fix!!
                          Yeah i knew about the oil leak, read about it on here countless times. But the play in the shaft is worrying. I worry about warrenty work. I went to VX to ask for a price for fitting remus and was warned then that if they didnt fit it, despite it being VX approved it would void my warrenty.

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeJ View Post
                            Yeah i knew about the oil leak, read about it on here countless times. But the play in the shaft is worrying. I worry about warrenty work. I went to VX to ask for a price for fitting remus and was warned then that if they didnt fit it, despite it being VX approved it would void my warrenty.
                            When i had my remus fitted the tech (mate of mine) said there was a bit of play in the turbo but im not worried and car seems fine, good excuse for an upgrade if it goes....

Comment

Working...
                            X