This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clonking noise since i hit a pothole

i hit a pothole the other day and since then i sometimes i get a sort of clonking noise when i brake, does anyone have any idea what it could be? i have got eibach sportline springs fitted and im sure that when i was deciding what springs to choose, i saw on here that some people mentioned that they had a knocking noise from theres, so do you think it could be the springs? if so is there a way to sort it?

Originally posted by tezr30vxr View Post
    i hit a pothole the other day and since then i sometimes i get a sort of clonking noise when i brake, does anyone have any idea what it could be? i have got eibach sportline springs fitted and im sure that when i was deciding what springs to choose, i saw on here that some people mentioned that they had a knocking noise from theres, so do you think it could be the springs? if so is there a way to sort it?
    Bottom ball joint?

Get your suspension/joints checked at a garage if you cant check yourself!
    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
    sigpic

Comment

I have a knocking noise coming from the rear sometimes, same problem? I have std springs.
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

so if it is the ball joint, is it a big job? expensive? it only seems to be sometimes but it is only when i brake.

Comment

Originally posted by tezr30vxr View Post
          so if it is the ball joint, is it a big job? expensive? it only seems to be sometimes but it is only when i brake.
          Ball joint is an easy job, doesnt sound like thats the problem if you say its only when you brake, perhaps theres a stone or somthing lodged somewhere within the working components of the brakes?

I hit a rock and blew the tyre out and bent the bottom arm on mine and still no clonk.

Best get it up on a ramp or a jack and take the wheel off and have a look, if you've bent the bottom arm or damaged the ball joint you'll notice it through the steering it will either be off to one side or more responsive turning one lock than it is on the oppostie lock.

Comment

Working...
          X