Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has the highest mileage astra then?

take it it will prob be a 2005 one but just wondered also is there a point where the vxr will lose power as it racks up miles or will it be better the more its loosened up
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Mines on an 07 and has done just under 32,000.

Comment

mines a 58 and ive done 3200

Comment

mines 06 and only got 16000 on

Comment

mine is 06 and has 24000, think that is not too bad.
          milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

Comment

07 reg with 19000, about average me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver View Post
              take it it will prob be a 2005 one but just wondered also is there a point where the vxr will lose power as it racks up miles or will it be better the more its loosened up
              dont think you fellas that have psoted so far have a chance in this thread lol. Darren, up to about 10k ish it does get better with mileage then loads of factors run into the equation, how you drive, how it is serviced, how you start and stop, luck etc. Personally my other 2.0 turbo engine that is a high miler it got better to about 10k then all was great until 82k when a piston cracked, a new set of forged ones were added and it now has 108k on it and still goes strong. If I was not a stickler for good oil changes then it may be that i would be saying it had to be rebored or even changed by now
              sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
              Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

300 odd miles???
                #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

vxrmothership posted the other day that vxl reckon they are ok up to 80k,then things will start to go wrong.

Comment

08 plate 15000
                    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

56 plate...19000 miles,

had a 2000 reg saxo vts that had done over 100,000 mile and didnt have 1 prob with it at all...actually had to replace the radiator at about 90,000 but got one for cheap and fitted it my self... its all about how u look after it i reckon
                      Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

flinty could be a winner on this 1?

Comment

57 plate 20,000

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

08 plate 10,100 loved evey mile of it
                            sigpic
                            Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                            And now have an
                            Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                            Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Our demo car (which is used by Tony when visitng the Performance Centres) and is in stage 3 form now has 64,000 on the clock.

Comment

Working...
                              X