X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milltek in real life

hi every one,

im really stuck with this one, basically im picking up my new vxr next week and was thinking about getting the full milltek fitted that same afternoon, but i really would like to hear what one sounds like in real life are there any meets in the bedfordshire/milton keynes area this week that people with millteks will be attending?

i just want to be 100% its what im after as i had an exhaust on my last car and got sick of it(and it was not an stupidly loud one), its a very personal choice how a person wants their car to sound, i know people rave about them, but im not too sure about the popping sound, does it do this on over-run after accelleration then letting off? sound clips of the standard exhast sounded nothing like the standard car in real life so want to bee 100% with this one as its over a grand i could spend else where on the car if the exhaust is not for me.(so don't really want to go by the milltek video clips as they are low quality anyway)

I know i could go to thorney(this is where i would be getting it done) and see what their car sounds like but i did'nt really want to feel under pressure when im making my decision if you know what i mean, i've heard they are great guys but i just want to be able to see what i think and if its not for me walk away without feeling i would have wasted anyones time.

its been in the back of my mind what to do all week and its doing my head in.

any help much appreciated

there should be a few local people who will be able to help you out.

Comment

Give Thorney a ring mate, I'm sure he can help you out, he'll know if/when there will be someone around with the Milltek so that you can have a listen to it

Comment

There are some videos on the Milltek site.

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust....?variantid=186

Just scroll down the page and you'll see them.

Comment

if your any where near stevenage come and listen to mine on sat or sunday , could possibly going to henlow carp centre on sunday too
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
            if your any where near stevenage come and listen to mine on sat or sunday , could possibly going to henlow carp centre on sunday too
            do you keep fish then mate.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
              Originally posted by worsy
              do you keep fish then mate.
              no got a tortoise and we get his food and stuff from there it's a quality place all sorts of lizards snakes fish etc etc
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

have to keep the wife from there then she would love a monitor lizard.

Comment

and baytree.... they have them in there at the mo... baz wanted a sodding iggie last time we were there also the cockatoo.... my reply "we dont live in a zoo!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                    and baytree.... they have them in there at the mo... baz wanted a sodding iggie last time we were there also the cockatoo.... my reply "we dont live in a zoo!!!"
                    LOL been to baytree and swallows at east harling

Comment

Re: milltek in real life

Originally posted by shadbor
                      hi every one,

im really stuck with this one, basically im picking up my new VXR next week and was thinking about getting the full milltek fitted that same afternoon, but i really would like to hear what one sounds like in real life are there any meets in the bedfordshire/milton keynes area this week that people with millteks will be attending?

i just want to be 100% its what im after as i had an exhaust on my last car and got sick of it(and it was not an stupidly loud one), its a very personal choice how a person wants their car to sound, i know people rave about them, but im not too sure about the popping sound, does it do this on over-run after accelleration then letting off? sound clips of the standard exhast sounded nothing like the standard car in real life so want to bee 100% with this one as its over a grand i could spend else where on the car if the exhaust is not for me.(so don't really want to go by the milltek video clips as they are low quality anyway)

I know i could go to thorney(this is where i would be getting it done) and see what their car sounds like but i did'nt really want to feel under pressure when im making my decision if you know what i mean, i've heard they are great guys but i just want to be able to see what i think and if its not for me walk away without feeling i would have wasted anyones time.

its been in the back of my mind what to do all week and its doing my head in.

any help much appreciated
                      pm sent mate

Comment

mate i will be at TMS in Milton Keynes on Friday afternoon from about 2pm

Comment

We've always one one or another Milltked VXR Astra here at some point, feel free to come over, have a listen and then decide at your leisure, no need to make a decision there and then.....we don't do a double glazing sales job and say "sign here of the price goes up" or anything

I tend not to rely on sound files as the sound you get is more to do with your PC sound card rather than realife so I agree with you desire to actually hear one.

I'll even let you have one of our cups of hot chocolate.....no strings

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                            mate i will be at TMS in Milton Keynes on Friday afternoon from about 2pm
                            would have loved to see your car in the flesh aussie, thanks for the offer but i dont finish work till half four on friday. no doubt i will see it at some point in the future when i come along to different owners days ect.

thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorney
                              We've always one one or another Milltked VXR Astra here at some point, feel free to come over, have a listen and then decide at your leisure, no need to make a decision there and then.....we don't do a double glazing sales job and say "sign here of the price goes up" or anything

I tend not to rely on sound files as the sound you get is more to do with your PC sound card rather than realife so I agree with you desire to actually hear one.

I'll even let you have one of our cups of hot chocolate.....no strings
                              if i came over would it be possible for you to take me out for a ride in one as i wanted to hear what this "popping" thing is all about, as i understand this only really happend under accelleration, rather than reving?

i have heard about the legendary Thorney hot chocolate, might have to take you up on this one. if i dont get hold of someone nearer to home to take me out for a ride in theirs i will definitely come over, thanks for the offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X