This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust note

Hey all I'm considering buying an Astra VXR (flame red of course!) but there's a bit of a wait to get a test drive over here around Belfast. I've seen footage of the Milltek exhaust, but have no idea what the standard trapezoidal exhaust sounds like. Haven't seen a VXR on the roads over here yet.
    Does anyone have a video of them driving their VXR from inside or out, or at least what does the thing sound like?
    Thanks

I might be poping over to Vauxhall HQ this weekend, I will see if we can get a recording...no garantee
    Also going to 888, I will see if there Astra VXR is in a condtion to get a sound out of it, but think it is stripped.
    Will let you know
    | Find | Watch | Follow |

Comment

Re: Exhaust note

Originally posted by Dave
      Hey all I'm considering buying an Astra VXR (flame red of course!) but there's a bit of a wait to get a test drive over here around Belfast. I've seen footage of the Milltek exhaust, but have no idea what the standard trapezoidal exhaust sounds like. Haven't seen a VXR on the roads over here yet.
      Does anyone have a video of them driving their VXR from inside or out, or at least what does the thing sound like?
      Thanks
      Hi Dave,
      I have run my VXR with the standard system for a week and just had the full milltek fitted today....
      The standard system is 'raspy'/sporty but very subtle/quiet - the Milltek is a deeperburble/bark and so much more in keeping with the car, plus it now drives like a train is pushing it.....and smoothly!!
      Mark
      sigpic

Comment

THe MIlltek will be quieter for about 300 miles until it beds in, then you'll get the full jet plane esque noise :P
        It sounds best from inside the car but the extra power from the full system is the best bit

Comment

Re: Exhaust note

Originally posted by Dave
          Thanks
          Regal threw out the milltek and have build their own exaust system, their fitting it to mine tomorrow so i'll let you know

Comment

lol.......Regal have never seen a Milltek exhaust so I'm impressed they threw it out
            Mind you they make 50% on Stealth exhausts so I guess thats enough of a reason to sell em

Comment

Working...
            X