This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance For 2008 Astra Vxr In N Ireland

As above, just had a quote of £912.35, (fully comprehensive), from AXA Direct to renew the insurance for my 2008 VXR Astra.

I am 40 with a clean license, my partner is also covered in that price, she has a clean license as well.

Will price around before committing.

Have any of you had good quotes from other companies that I could try here in N Ireland?

Im not from Northern Ireland but I am 23 with 3 years ncb and 3 points and have had a quote of £600 from Elephant. So i am sure you could get it alot lower if you shop around mate.

Comment

hi there mate im from n.ireland 36 full no claims insured with direct line under 300 quid for me !!
      vauxhall astra vxr arden blue ,bluefin, stage 3 , k&n panel filter, full miltek unsilenced version, tms lower mount intercooler.

Comment

try quinn direct they usually the cheapest for us over here
        sigpic

Comment

Stay well clear of quinn direct....sneaky ******s them lot....try one direct there fair.
          CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

Originally posted by corsaopc View Post
            Stay well clear of quinn direct....sneaky ******s them lot....try one direct there fair.
            i have heard some reports about them but them do seem to be the cheapest
            sigpic

Comment

I got mine with 'Greenlight' with all the mods declared £430 having said that I am 49.
              Arden Blue astra VXR, Stage 3 Courtenay Sport map, Courtenay Full CDTI direct intake, Courtenay intercooler, Piper 3in exhaust, quaife LSD, sachs uprated clutch, uprated 6th gear bearings, KW variant 3 suspension, TD Pro race 1.2 wheels, braided ss brake lines, check control, Insignia WJ, Parrott Bluetooth

Comment

Thanks for all of your suggestions, some of you have done very well.

If I was able to get it somewhere between 3 & 4 hundred pounds I would be happy.

AXA Direct mis-quoted me on the telephone last year & had to stand by their quote because they had a recording of the telephone call & agreed that their agent had given a quote for a less powerful Astra, this saved me about £220 last year. I think they are trying to get it back this year.

I will try all of the companies suggested above & if anyone else has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Milner.

Comment

Did a bit of research on the net.

Tried Confused.com, GoCompare.com & comparethemarket.com. & was very happy with the results.

The cheapest was £320 through Elephant, but Admiral offered the same deal with additional windscreen cover for £333, which is the one I will probably take.

I may try Quinn Direct before I decide though, as I have plenty of time, (the insurance is not due to be renewed until 13/01/2009).

The above 2 x prices do not make AXA Direct's original renewal quote look very good though.

Comment

i was 27 when i insured the Burg - £420 odds then a few quid more when i hiked the power, but its still under £500 FC. Wasnt too bad i thought - was with Greenlight. They do discount for RMS users.

Quinn are a disaster area from all accounts!! I was with Endsleigh for the evo's but when i phoned to say that i was changing from the E5 (import with mods, circa 380/390bhp) I was told that they wouldnt insure me on the VXR as it was too high risk LMAO

Comment

I got mine for £348 of direct line. FC PB with the wife. I'm 35 years young. 07 astra vxr standard.

Comment

Working...
                      X