This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point me in the right direction

If you know where i can get my hands on the dubilee clips on the picture attached, with the little blue ends?

Ive got the full samco set to go on to my car but i want to fit new dubilee clamps on all, do any of you guys know the amount of clips and exact sizes for them all, is there a chart or anything?!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Merry christmas to all and a happy new year to you!!
    Attached Files

Not really answering your question (guess your looking for the colour co-ordination with the plastic end caps on the Jubilees?)
    but the best clips to use on Silicon hoses are either
    Murray Corp Turbo constant tension clamps
    or
    Mikalor T-bolt clamps
    They work much better with soft silicone hoses (especially if they are under pressure) than standard jubilee clips.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
      Not really answering your question (guess your looking for the colour co-ordination with the plastic end caps on the Jubilees?)
      but the best clips to use on Silicon hoses are either
      Murray Corp Turbo constant tension clamps
      or
      Mikalor T-bolt clamps
      They work much better with soft silicone hoses (especially if they are under pressure) than standard jubilee clips.
      Your a wealth of knowledge mate!

Hmm well it is the colour coding thing but also have you ever been tightening a jubilee clip up and the screw drive slips and the end of the jubilee cuts right up your finger, it hurts and one you get some nice antifreeze and grit in there it hurts for days...

(yes its for the colour coding bit but the dangerous story sounded better)

They just appear alot tidy looking under the hood although id have been better spending the coin on something else than the hoses now that i think of it!

Comment

I took my hoses into the place I got my jubilees from and put one of the right size on each end so I would know they fitted....

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
          have you ever been tightening a jubilee clip up and the screw drive slips and the end of the jubilee cuts right up your finger, it hurts and one you get some nice antifreeze and grit in there it hurts for days...
          You should use a jubilee driver and not a screw driver! Hex head holds the outside tight (NO slipping)

ALOT SAFER!
          Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VX AND View Post
            You should use a jubilee driver and not a screw driver! Hex head holds the outside tight (NO slipping)

ALOT SAFER!
            Thanks for the advice but i am a panel beater paint sprayer to trade so know which tools to use.

Its not only the slip of a screw driver but when you are trying to access somewhere past a jubilee clip and you catch the end of them on your hand or finger its a pain in the bootay.

Just think these look safe and asthetically pleasing to the eye on a blue car with blue hoses.

Unfortunatley the original owner of these clips wont let on where he got them and blanks the question so i was hoping someone else will know where to get them.

Comment

Thanks for the advice but i am a panel beater paint sprayer to trade so know which tools to use.

Its not only the slip of a screw driver but when you are trying to access somewhere past a jubilee clip and you catch the end of them on your hand or finger its a pain in the bootay.

Just think these look safe and asthetically pleasing to the eye on a blue car with blue hoses.

Unfortunatley the original owner of these clips wont let on where he got them and blanks the question so i was hoping someone else will know where to get them.
              Give Shaun (SSB) a shout mate, he's got them.
              sigpic

Comment

VXRDean has them I think, he said they are just covers mate. the jubi clips are just normal ones....

Comment

T-bolt clamps are better to use on Boost pipes the Jubilees will be fine on airbox pipe work as they are not under any boost at all
                  the truth is out there
                  part GSI part VXR
                  tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Originally posted by CorsaVXR_Jay View Post
                    VXRDean has them I think, he said they are just covers mate. the jubi clips are just normal ones....
                    Ive pm'd him and asked him on a thread he posted pics on, he never said out.

Comment

Ive pm'd him and asked him on a thread he posted pics on, he never said out.
                      I've received no PM from you? And haven't seen a post by you, asking me???

Comment

Working...
                      X