This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Airbag

Anyone know if it is possible to turn off the passenger airbag and how you do it, as I need to put a baby seat in the front of the car.

Thanks in advance.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Maybe theres a fuse to do it? dont think there is a switch to just turn it off. If your looking at putting a baby seat in the front you would also have to look at the other airbags in the front that go down the side of the windscreen down the pillar and the side of the seat
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
      Maybe theres a fuse to do it? dont think there is a switch to just turn it off. If your looking at putting a baby seat in the front you would also have to look at the other airbags in the front that go down the side of the windscreen down the pillar and the side of the seat
      That is a good point actually didnt think of that one. I think it might be a trip to the Stealers for professional advice.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

Dont think it would be possible to just disable one side and wether it would be legal. See what the stealers say mate. I know some cars have a switch to disable the front passenger airbag but not sure about the curtain airbags that are in the astra
        sigpic
        TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

As far as im aware you cant disbale them in the VXR like you can in other cars and i wouldnt recommend removing fuses. Put the baby seat in the back.

Comment

Am sure I read that you needed to request this when ordering the car new?

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              As far as im aware you cant disbale them in the VXR like you can in other cars and i wouldnt recommend removing fuses. Put the baby seat in the back.
              you can do this in Corsa - as there is button for that - dont know why they dont put that to Astra also...
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

have you tried the baby seat in the front seat yet as my seat i have for my son does not fit properly into the seat due to the side bolsters on the seat??

Comment

dont mess about with air bag system if u disconnect will disable all air bags just put baby in back much safer

Comment

sure it says in the manual you can get a transponder to fit to the seat that disables the airbag
                    sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
                    Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

you could fit a fuse inline to replace the pass side airbag
                      but it would be better to just buy the vauxhall baby seat with the transponder
                      the truth is out there
                      part GSI part VXR
                      tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

can you not buy a baby seat from vx that the seat recoginises and switches off the air bag on passenger side?? am sure ave read that in one of the options brouchers

Comment

Originally posted by Vxr-Kerry View Post
                          can you not buy a baby seat from vx that the seat recoginises and switches off the air bag on passenger side?? am sure ave read that in one of the options brouchers
                          Something youve not been telling me huni??, my misses reading about baby seats lol
                          sigpic
                          Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                          And now have an
                          Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                          Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Dunno about the seats recognising stuff.. remember also side airbags in the seats..
                            #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                            #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Originally posted by dannyf View Post
                              you could fit a fuse inline to replace the pass side airbag
                              but it would be better to just buy the vauxhall baby seat with the transponder
                              Afraid that the child seat with transponder will not work unless you ordered the child seat recognition system on your car from factory. One big problem though while available in the rest of Europe on the Astra range, Vauxhall decided in there infinite wisdom not to offer it in the UK. BTW not sure if it is actually available on the OPC in europe(Althought I think there is some law in Germany says it must me offered as an option) but it definatly is on the Astra range. So no luck on it actually recognising the transponder and switching anything off.

As for the fuse you can try but the CAN system will recognise an error and illuminate your dash light which will require a trip to the dealer to switch off.

Back seat only I am afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X