Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFL Headlamps

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AFL Headlamps

    Does anyone know of any for sale anywhere?

  • #2
    No, you'll be very luck to find any anywhere but have a check of scrapyards / breakers. You can buy Hella Dynabeams for about £500 which look exactly like AFL's but dont have the tunring function and they are very occassionaly for sale on eBay.

    Comment


    • #3
      @Jay 1983 - Hellas DO have the turning function!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by moorie View Post
        @Jay 1983 - Hellas DO have the turning function!!
        Didnt think they had, i know they have the gyro for leveling but didnt think they turned around corners? Sorry.

        Comment


        • #5
          i would just want to convert my bulbs into pure white or something better than yellow glow aint to bothered abt converting them to AFL
          Arden Racing Edition

          Comment


          • #6
            Had considered Dynabeams, but with the exchange rate how it is now, they are nearly £600, add another hundred for a decent HID kit and that's a lot of money.

            Really fancy being the first to do a full retrofit, If I can get hold of the bits that is. Being watching breakers now for weeks and still not mamanged to bag a set

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vauxhallman View Post
              Had considered Dynabeams, but with the exchange rate how it is now, they are nearly £600, add another hundred for a decent HID kit and that's a lot of money.

              Really fancy being the first to do a full retrofit, If I can get hold of the bits that is. Being watching breakers now for weeks and still not mamanged to bag a set
              You wouldnt be the first to do it as a few have done it already. And you would be in the thousands do a 'full' retro fit i.e. getting the lights to turn (if its even possible) as the car hasnt got any of the sensors necessary for it to work and the incorrect wiring looms.

              Comment


              • #8
                Making the required looms is the problem if I can't get hold of them, I'm hoping I've sussed the steering part !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vauxhallman View Post
                  Making the required looms is the problem if I can't get hold of them, I'm hoping I've sussed the steering part !
                  What about the sensors around the car?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ive been told by various people that this is impossible to make it a FULL retrofit. i.e it doesnt turn properly
                    #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                    #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Providing you've got ESP fitted, the only sensor is the levelling sensor as far as I can tell, been researching it for months now, just can't get hold of the damned bits I need !

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by havoc856 View Post
                        Ive been told by various people that this is impossible to make it a FULL retrofit. i.e it doesnt turn properly
                        Thats what i have been told aswell, by everyone that has or has attempted to do it and also by all the VX technicians i have spoken to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've looked at the wiring diagrams, the only sensor is the levelling one, the rest comes from the CIM ! Speed and direction are available within the CIM as they are needed for ESP.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Instead of going to breakers then why not try stealers?? If its expensive then become a member of the VX Trade group and go to the nearest dealer involved in the gp
                            #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                            #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Can already get trade, but the headlights retail at something like £350 each, plus then I need the levelling sensor, AFL control unit (something like £150) and requisite looms. Going to be much cheaper from a breakers !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X