This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stage 2 to stage 3

as above lads iam on stage 2 and thinking of going to stage 3,what i want to know is there a noticable gain or am i just wasting money,also has anyone got the figures between the pair of them if not much i mite aswell spend the money else were on something better

i would spend the money on lsd

Comment

I've noticed a big difference since I put my intercooler on and changed to the EDS 315 map...... well happy with it now

Comment

I had a go in dtox's burg with lsd and it still wheelspun from standing start and I don't lose traction with the contis when cornering in my car so I just can't really justify the expense of an lsd for my driving..... I don't drive like miss Daisy so unless I was using my car for track days I can't see the point??

Comment

were you on stage 2 then went to stage 3

Comment

yes... i was using the Regal stage 2 maps then put the TMS lfmic on with those maps to see if there was any difference with the ic and yeah it was deffo better..then put the other map on and upgraded my plugs to the denso ik24's from ik20's and again even better!!

Comment

any ideas what the gains are between the pair.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
                any ideas what the gains are between the pair.
                if you mean figures?? no ain't rr yet.... be interested to find out but the fact is it feels a damn sight better to drive.......it is FAST now!!
                My brother's got a merc e55 AMG and he had ago in my car yesterday and he was surprised he said it's mental for such a light car to have so much power!! his car is very fast but more of a refined power delivery and think the power delivery when the turbo kicked in gave him a shock he is now looking to get a supercharger for his car!!
                Last edited by smokinvxr; 26 December 2008, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                  I had a go in dtox's burg with lsd and it still wheelspun from standing start and I don't lose traction with the contis when cornering in my car so I just can't really justify the expense of an lsd for my driving..... I don't drive like miss Daisy so unless I was using my car for track days I can't see the point??

You will still light the wheels up with an lsd fitted, its about driving the car correctly, use the power you have (st 2) and use it to its best ability with additional help from a lsd.

No offence to dtox, but there are different ways to drive a car, the diff will help on bends, gets the power down and lets you use more of what you have.

We went from st 2 to st 3, but had the farb, rarb, brakes, cooler, miltek to remus, spring upgrade and lsd. Now if i did it all again, or go out and buy another vxr then it would be done different. Any one can have loads of power, but you need to use it, set the car's handling up 1st, suspension, farb and rarb and also fit the lsd. Years ago we chased a 200bh figure, now the astra comes with 240, so use what you have and better it
                  sigpic

Comment

what I'm saying is that for my driving on the roads even with stage 3 I can put the power down even when cornering without losing any traction so just can't see the need for an lsd..... I'm not saying they aren't a good bit of kit just I think they would be more worth the expense if you was tracking your car or if you was having problems with the handling of your car which I am not.... I deliberately tried to get dtox's car to wheelspin to see if the lsd would stop this but it didn't.... dunno maybe I need to drive a bit harder ??
                    Last edited by smokinvxr; 26 December 2008, 10:58 PM.

Comment

If you try and get any car to wheel spin purposely it's going to, the point is under normal driving it wont wheel spin as much.
                      I see dumb people.......
                      .....they're everywhere
                      .....they walk around like everyone else
                      .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                          If you try and get any car to wheel spin purposely it's going to, the point is under normal driving it wont wheel spin as much.
                          of course you can...I was testing it to see what the benefits were exactly......I didn't notice the lsd being any different
                          That's what I'm saying... I can control my car from wheelspinning without the need for an lsd the way I drive and I do like to have a bit of fun but not dangerous driving.... I can certainly understand on a track giving it some you would need it but on the roads if you are driving that aggresively surely you are driving too fast/dangerous for road driving??
                          Last edited by smokinvxr; 26 December 2008, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
                            of course you can...I was testing it to see what the benefits were exactly......I didn't notice the lsd being any different
                            That's what I'm saying... I can control my car from wheelspinning without the need for an lsd the way I drive and I do like to have a bit of fun but not dangerous driving.... I can certainly understand on a track giving it some you would need it but on the roads if you are driving that aggresively surely you are driving too fast/dangerous for road driving??
                            See you point just the way you said it before made it sound like you were doing it on purpose. I kind of agree with what your saying I don't have an LSD, but you could argue that you have a stage 3 wasn't 236bhp enough. And with a performace car your going to be putting it round corners faster and I think thats where the need for an LSD comes in.

If you look at anything with 300bhp+ they have LSD's. Like M3's Evo's STi's. Then again 335i's (305bhp) don't etc.

If your happy with what you've got then thats good enough. Personally though I agree with whats been said above I would rather have my vxr's handling sorted before the power. As I feel I could make the power more useable.
                            I see dumb people.......
                            .....they're everywhere
                            .....they walk around like everyone else
                            .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

What this thread is about is going from stage 2 to stage 3....about the same price or less than an lsd.
                              Now if I bought an lsd instead of going to stage 3 and i had a go in a stage 3 car without an lsd I think I would've been GUTTED that I never went that route....
                              You will notice a big difference from stage 2 to 3 are you saying that you would be so happy with stage 2 and an lsd??
                              The only time you're gonna notice it is when taking it to the limits when cornering whereas you notice the power increase all the time with the stage upgrade... what I am saying is I think that you get more value for money with the stage upgrade..
                              Last edited by smokinvxr; 26 December 2008, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X