This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traction control

can the traction control be put on to a switch do ya think if any one has an idea let mi no
    sigpic proud owner of astra vxr n custom vivaro nurburg

Sort of is already? if you press and hold sport for 5 secs it turns the ESP off. However if you wnat the ESP on/off put to another button independant of the sport well I'll leave that to the techies

Comment

apparently it will prove very difficult because of the can-bus system. i wouldnt even try it mate.
      stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

And just to add to that Andy - the probs I've been experiencing with the car's CAN bus over wiring of an after-market head unit I'd advise to leave things the way they are!

Comment

im moving my sports button to the steering wheel going to use the radio to c/d button as the sports button.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
            im moving my sports button to the steering wheel going to use the radio to c/d button as the sports button.

Dave did you finish the rubiks cube in under a minute!!!
            HeavenlyDetail
            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i never understood why they did not put the sport button on the steering wheel in the first place
              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                i never understood why they did not put the sport button on the steering wheel in the first place
                thats were it should be.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

I think there should b a big fat round sports button on the dash rather than that little square 1. and a seperate one for the traction control.

Comment

so it really turns the esp off wen ya hold it for 5 secs? and i think the car would be a lot better with the sport button on steering wheels plus a button for traction control

Comment

can i just say, that i can't believe the difference with traction off!! its such a buzz i tried it for the first time after my stage 2 WOW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NELLYC
                        can i just say, that i can't believe the difference with traction off!! its such a buzz i tried it for the first time after my stage 2 WOW!!!!
                        even standard,the car feels so much more alert with traction off.
                        i turn it off every time i get in the car,rain or shine!

Comment

turned the esp off yesturday aww man it was well good it spins up like nothing i think the only thing that they got wrong with this car is the fact its front wheel drive what you think ?

Comment

Originally posted by robovxr
                            turned the esp off yesturday aww man it was well good it spins up like nothing i think the only thing that they got wrong with this car is the fact its front wheel drive what you think ?
                            i think your bonkers
                            imagine the cost for anything other than fwd
                            im not sure how the stage 1,2,3 boys and girls cope with traction but i find the traction control isnt needed if you get to know how your car copes.
                            the only time i leave it on is if is sheeting in down or snow.

Comment

i turned it off but it keeps sport on cant you turn it off without having the sport light on.
                              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Working...
                              X